• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
yea but that's just trickers. zippyh is the OG of SF shoe buying... he's been posting here since the 'heydey' where Voxsartoria would buy 10 pairs of Vass at once.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I received my pair of bourbon shell chukkas from Mr Porter last night. I didnt have a chance to snap any pics but can confirm that they are definitely horween and definitely bourbon. This is my first pair of trickers but they seem to be quite well made.

ndmiller

Reaction score
zippyh/Olderfellow,

Since you both have a HUGE sample set of experience........Do all your Trickerss in the same model, same last, fit similarly or have you had to up/down sizing accordingly? Same last different model fit similarly?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
For the most part, same last pairs fit similarly. There are some pairs that fit differently though. Not enough to change size but I do notice.

I’ve found Alden to vary more. Trickers are pretty consistent.

Olderfellow

Reaction score
Since you both have a HUGE sample set of experience........Do all your Trickerss in the same model, same last, fit similarly or have you had to up/down sizing accordingly?

Sample set. I like it! I would concur with zippyh. I would say that one in 20 boots on the same last is significantly tighter and the odd one or two looser. Other than that most are consistent. But not so consistent that I wouldn't ask try on another pair in the same size before dismissing out of hand a boot in a given size

MSAINT

Reaction score
By 11.

In my defence, I bought my first pair of Tricker's back in the late ’90s.

86 pairs of Tricker's, quite impressive!
arslan310.gif

How many boots among those?

MSAINT

Reaction score
For the most part, same last pairs fit similarly. There are some pairs that fit differently though. Not enough to change size but I do notice.

I’ve found Alden to vary more. Trickers are pretty consistent.

Lucky you I find huge (up to half size) differences in my Stow in 4497S - 6.5 - 5... Around one on 3 have variation with my standard (my first pair of Stow in Expresso)
Captoes are more regular in my case.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
no "x" except if you wear more than one hat at the time ;)
Thank you kind sir. I love watching the cycling and that’s always what they say when a rider has had a good ride so I’ve adopted as part of my vernacular! ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads