• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Coffee burnished medallion Woodstocks.

Metrosey

Reaction score
MTO Update

Richard has spoken to the factory and everything is now confirmed and as of today, the MTO has joined the production line. Communication will go dark now for a while until production of the MTO has nearly finished and is almost ready for delivery. If I get any more communication from Richard, I'll send it this way.

Again, if you missed the MTO, you might be able to get in on it. However, if you can't, E-Mail Richard and you might be able to get a pair that he has ordered for the shop.

Thank you everyone :)

aj2603

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi!
Some good procedure to remove this stains on acorn leather.
I have tried with water but leather loses color.
Wich cream color is best to restore original acorn color and preserve it from this kind of stains?
Thanks
View attachment 1190074

The Acorn colour does have a tendency to pick up such stains.

You could do the following:

1. U need to clean them. Take some saddle soap. Give them a through cleaning. The Stow leather is a tough leather, so don't worry too much. Give them a good through cleaning. Let them dry for 5-6 hours.

2. If the stains are still there, then go for a Saphir Creme Surfine Cream shoe polish. Number of application depends on u and the state of the stain.
saphir-shoe-cream-beaute-du-cuir-creme-surfine-50ml-8.jpg

3. I personally just put some conditioner on it and then go for the Saphir Medaille D'Or Pate-de-Luxe Wax Polish. I personally put 2-3 coats of wax on my show boots. It creates a good layer of wax between the leather and environment. I will always act as a barrier and prevent the frequency of further stains significantly.
19318274-6m7n9.jpg

Who

Reaction score
The Acorn colour does have a tendency to pick up such stains.

You could do the following:

1. U need to clean them. Take some saddle soap. Give them a through cleaning. The Stow leather is a tough leather, so don't worry too much. Give them a good through cleaning. Let them dry for 5-6 hours.

2. If the stains are still there, then go for a Saphir Creme Surfine Cream shoe polish. Number of application depends on u and the state of the stain.
View attachment 1190296

3. I personally just put some conditioner on it and then go for the Saphir Medaille D'Or Pate-de-Luxe Wax Polish. I personally put 2-3 coats of wax on my show boots. It creates a good layer of wax between the leather and environment. I will always act as a barrier and prevent the frequency of further stains significantly.
View attachment 1190297

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Metrosey

Reaction score
Quick question, when it comes to belts, it’s best to have a similar colour as boots, however, does this apply to bags too? I’ve found a nice bag that matches the Acorns but not sure if there’s a “rule” or if contrast is better, like a darker brown.

Not strictly Trickers so forgive me :)

aj2603

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick question, when it comes to belts, it’s best to have a similar colour as boots, however, does this apply to bags too? I’ve found a nice bag that matches the Acorns but not sure if there’s a “rule” or if contrast is better, like a darker brown.

Not strictly Trickers so forgive me :)
I don’t think it has to be an exact colour.
U can go for a light brown/tan belt with ur acorn colour shoe as well.

Maio

Reaction score
I bailed on the waxy eaton. It was the toe medallion that broke the deal unfortunately. Will probably regret it when you all post pictures!

Most likely regret coming up good Sir :)

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
The Trickers anniversary boot is only available through Mr Porter and a bit underwhelming. Peeved with Mr P as sales are region specific.

Attachments

• 56D34657-EE25-4B11-9A4A-F0D1789428D9.jpeg
    56D34657-EE25-4B11-9A4A-F0D1789428D9.jpeg
    182.4 KB · Views: 98

prettywish

Reaction score
I want to get a pair of suede shoes for the summer, and I like the Tricker's Richard Longwing Brogue, which is made with "a new Ultra Flex lightweight leather sole". Does anyone have experience with this sole? Lightweight means it is thinner, or less dense? how about the durability compared with Tricker's normal leather sole?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads