• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
More hatch grain Stows from Mr Porter Uk.
0jglW-NARn295_avf14GIQ.jpg

drtchock

Reaction score
epGEB7Y.jpg

I've been trying to ID these recently, and after much research I'm thinking they could be Trickers 'Woodstock' shoes in Black? Would like other peoples opinions.

Thanks

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
epGEB7Y.jpg

I've been trying to ID these recently, and after much research I'm thinking they could be Trickers 'Woodstock' shoes in Black? Would like other peoples opinions.

Thanks

I think your right, Woodstock in black or possibly navy.

jayvee

Reaction score
Looks like just the shaft is lined which is probably a good thing in terms of fit. They look cool.
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Hmm looks like just the ankle, I was hoping for more to be honest. Intended use is Swedish winter, but I can add an insole I suppose. I picked up some sheepskin insoles in a shop in Cornwall for £1!

Yes I think they’re pretty cool. Thinking about cutting off the buckle and straps but probably won’t

Octavian90

Reaction score
Question about water resistance in these shoes - I am loving a pair of caramel kudu woodstock, and have a pair of cross hatch (calf) Bourton coming in. Can these be worn in rain and will they be damaged if soaked? Is either leather more water resistant? Is there any special care to be done if they get wet (say, on the way to the office)? Thank you.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Hmm looks like just the ankle, I was hoping for more to be honest. Intended use is Swedish winter, but I can add an insole I suppose. I picked up some sheepskin insoles in a shop in Cornwall for £1!

Yes I think they’re pretty cool. Thinking about cutting off the buckle and straps but probably won’t

Funny. I just received some Lof & Tung boots with sheepskin fleece lined feet but not the shafts from Skoaktiebolaget. I don't really need the fleece lining but I thought the boots looked cool. TBH, they might end up being too warm for the mild winters we have here.

Question about water resistance in these shoes - I am loving a pair of caramel kudu woodstock, and have a pair of cross hatch (calf) Bourton coming in. Can these be worn in rain and will they be damaged if soaked? Is either leather more water resistant? Is there any special care to be done if they get wet (say, on the way to the office)? Thank you.

I'd expect the hatch grain to be more water resistant. Typically the grained leathers seem to have more water resistance. I think the kudu is okay too. But I wouldn't want either to get really soaked.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
I’d always try to not get them soaked if possible (more because that would mean I’m soaked by default!) but they’ll be fine, just make sure you dry them naturally and not on a radiator for example as that would dry them too fast.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads