• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Elderidge

Reaction score
guys im really lusting for a pair of hanks. you reckon it's a good time to buy now or wait till they hit the outlet store and get it at outlet prices plus 20% off when a sale comes around?

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
guys im really lusting for a pair of hanks. you reckon it's a good time to buy now or wait till they hit the outlet store and get it at outlet prices plus 20% off when a sale comes around?
Like any desire only you can gage the need...

That said if you played the long game I don’t think they’ve been a popular model so will most likely end up on the Outlet.

Elderidge

Reaction score
Sweet! i'll wait then!

I bought my axton over christmas last year, they hit the outlet with a massive discount not long after. The W2298 last is odd tho, i reckon i might need a half size up just cause of how short and tight in the toes they are.

Olderfellow

Reaction score

I'm waiting for them to hit the Outlet store plus 20% off. One brown in my size and three in acorn available, so I shall let fate decide...

Cooly

Reaction score
Got these Aldo style chukkas on a farfetch sale recently...they are on the w2298 last ...got these in a size UK8 while my last w2298 were 8.5UK. I now see why they say the 2298 get narrow in the toes. undecided yet if I'm 8 or 8.5 ... but like the rich coffee color, quality etc...
IMG_7735.jpeg

Last edited:

Anjuna

Reaction score
je2JXHx.jpg
Just received a pair of chestnut Stows from Pediwear. Had to exchange one pair to a half size bigger and they are perfect now. Great customer service. However the last pair had perfect finishing on the welt as opposed to this pair where there is about 1,5 mm gap on this shoe and about 1 mm gap on the other shoe which reaches the welt and the stitch looks really ugly (not shown here). What do you reckon, should I contact Pediwear to see what they have to say about the finish or just accept that this flaw is only cosmetic one?

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
je2JXHx.jpg
Just received a pair of chestnut Stows from Pediwear. Had to exchange one pair to a half size bigger and they are perfect now. Great customer service. However the last pair had perfect finishing on the welt as opposed to this pair where there is about 1,5 mm gap on this shoe and about 1 mm gap on the other shoe which reaches the welt and the stitch looks really ugly (not shown here). What do you reckon, should I contact Pediwear to see what they have to say about the finish or just accept that this flaw is only cosmetic one?

From the photo, I would say that welt join is acceptable and should not cause any problem.

Obviously its your choice and they were expensive boots so if its going to annoy you then it might be worth swapping.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Might move a mint pair of Stows in Sign Kudu.

Last is just too much volume for me, trying an insert shortly but I’m not confident it will clean up the heel.

8.5UK if your interested before they go to EBay.

Pedlar

Reaction score
Might move a mint pair of Stows in Sign Kudu.

Last is just too much volume for me, trying an insert shortly but I’m not confident it will clean up the heel.

8.5UK if your interested before they go to EBay.
Will PM you --

Cooly

Reaction score
@Cooly I kinda like those, sort of reminds me of the Church Ryders

Thanks..the shoes themselves are quite nice..but in regards to the last "w2298"...as others have mentioned, they are indeed narrow in the toe box.

I wore them for a full day today and I think I would much rather a little loose in the heel then too tight in the toe area. They were 40% off on farfetch, so not unhappy with them, and they are wearable, but if I were to get the w2298 again, I would size them the same as barrie (8.5 instead of 8).

shoeLover2

Reaction score
I just got a nice pair of Trickers Malton.
The fit is great, no heal slip and feels good.
However, on the left foot I am feeling a little bump on the front edge of my sole. It has a commando sole.
Could this go away after it breaks in? could it be from an uneven cork ? if I insert my hand into the shoe I don't feel it, only when I stand up. It is not annoying but noticeable.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads