• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

BSTM

Reaction score
Burford Super Boots in Marron Antique on Dainite at the Jade Garden takeaway in Eton Wick. (do excuse the stray dog hair and mud!)
1670396598959.png

johng70

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some Timber Wolf's showed up today. Sorry couldn't get a good direct sunlight shot since it is so late in the evening.
Those are great looking boots. If I didn't already have some boots from another maker on order and already too many pairs, I would definitely be getting a pair. Really love the natural soles with those.

gdotdot

Reaction score
Does anyone here know if Trickers usually run Christmas sale on their outlet site? They just had the Black Friday sale but want to grab another pair 😰

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Does anyone here know if Trickers usually run Christmas sale on their outlet site? They just had the Black Friday sale but want to grab another pair 😰

I seem to recall last year at about this time they started their Christmas sale on their main site where they listed stock that had been on the outlet site with no additional markdowns.

Sole Boy

Reaction score
I think I am gonna get those java waxed flesh Burfords. Been wanting a plain toe, non grain Trickers for a while now.

Can anyone tell me how much import duty I would have to pay to get a pair of DR boots over to the UK?

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how much import duty I would have to pay to get a pair of DR boots over to the UK?
About 20%? Plus DHL service fees etc etc. I’m not a UK resident, but basing this on how much VAT is reduced when I shop items that will be shipped out of the UK at which point I get around 16 - 20% VAT removed from the list price for most items.

Sole Boy

Reaction score
About 20%? Plus DHL service fees etc etc. I’m not a UK resident, but basing this on how much VAT is reduced when I shop items that will be shipped out of the UK at which point I get around 16 - 20% VAT removed from the list price for most items.

Thank you for the reply, I think footwear comes in at 8% but I am not sure if that is a percentage of the value of the goods or the total value of the trade including shipping.

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Add 20% VAT (this is also added to the cost of shipping) + whatever the percentage is for the Duties on leather goods + whatever the couriers service fee is for collecting the taxes.
You can get a rough idea of the costs by using an import duty calculator; here:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads