• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

bemk

Reaction score
The Burford in particular is beautiful ... less is more!

Thank you! 👊

Yeah, I love the Burford, I have the Espresso and two Black ones. "Less is more" ... that's why they are special: They have such a clean, minimalistic look and almost a little bit of a military touch (which is especially true for the Black Burford), yet they are really chic. Great urban style.

I had posted these almost a year ago, I hope no one minds me showing them again:

220128_0917-Trickers-Burford-Espresso.jpg

220128_0915-Trickers-Burford-Espresso.jpg

220128_0914-Trickers-Burford-Espresso.jpg

alexst

Reaction score
Some month ago I bought a pair of acorn Bourton and a pair of suede Daniel, which are both great. But I need another pair in my rotation, and there are two possibilities : I can buy a second acorn and try to dye them in brown, or a pair of Ilkley (I've found both in my size and budget). I would go for the Ikley for sure if I wasn't looking for a brown pair and the Iklley seems more burgundy, but still looks good. Additionnel info: I live in a forest (mud, leaves, slippery grass, etc) and own a motorcycle. Which should I buy in your opinion?

shoefan57

Reaction score
Some month ago I bought a pair of acorn Bourton and a pair of suede Daniel, which are both great. But I need another pair in my rotation, and there are two possibilities : I can buy a second acorn and try to dye them in brown, or a pair of Ilkley (I've found both in my size and budget). I would go for the Ikley for sure if I wasn't looking for a brown pair and the Iklley seems more burgundy, but still looks good. Additionnel info: I live in a forest (mud, leaves, slippery grass, etc) and own a motorcycle. Which should I buy in your opinion?
The Ilkley is brown though a reddish colour shows through where the laces rub against the facings and tongues. Another good option for you would be Grasmere in brown zig.

alexst

Reaction score
I find it hard to wear boots, and I already have a pair of redwings merchant when I need to. The Ikley seems the better choice. Thank you!

bemk

Reaction score
.... and there are two possibilities : I can buy a second acorn and try to dye them in brown ...

I dyed a pair of Acorn Bourtons, see these 2 posts in this order:

#22,677
#22,679

After all, I wish I hadn't done it and these are my least worn Bourtons though I quite like the resulting colour. If you look close at the picture in the first post, you can see that the surface (not the colour saturation) of the leather does not look as even as if it was original and also a bit dull.
Also be prepared that the leather at the bottom of the Brogue's punched holes maybe will not accept the dye fully or as complete as the open areas will.

With this experience: If I were you, I would get a shoe that is fine for you the way it is.

shoefan57

Reaction score
I find it hard to wear boots, and I already have a pair of redwings merchant when I need to. The Ikley seems the better choice. Thank you!
Understood. Hope you enjoy them if you pull the trigger👍

alexst

Reaction score
Thank you, I knew I had read something about dying bourtons somewhere but I couldn't find it! This is very informative indeed.

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score
40% off A Fine Pair of Shoes. https://www.afinepairofshoes.co.uk
Just ordered unicorn Stows over Ridgeway for 282GBP ex-VAT.
Free ship to the US at 300GBP so add some Saphir products or something to get over the limit.
Ends up being less than just the Stows and paying for shipping.

great deals I couldn’t pass up! I ordered two grassmeres in caramel and snuff kudu (first time ever getting anything my kudu) and a stow in marron(last pair was 1/2 too small) I have gotten all my trickers from AFPOS, they have great service

shoefan57

Reaction score
great deals I couldn’t pass up! I ordered two grassmeres in caramel and snuff kudu (first time ever getting anything my kudu) and a stow in marron(last pair was 1/2 too small) I have gotten all my trickers from AFPOS, they have great service
Great choices I have Grasmere in Sign and Caramel Kudu from AFPOS-as you say, they give great service

bemk

Reaction score
Great choices I have Grasmere in Sign and Caramel Kudu from AFPOS-as you say, they give great service

Great choices! I have a Bourton and a Burford from AFPOS. As you said, they give great service. 👍

peteber

Reaction score
Hello Trickers fans,

Anyone who could help me to identify the model and shape on these pictures (It's all I have for now). It'd help me to determine whether the size would be a fit or not. Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_1214.jpg
    IMG_1214.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_1215.jpg
    IMG_1215.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 66

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Hello Trickers fans,

Anyone who could help me to identify the model and shape on these pictures (It's all I have for now). It'd help me to determine whether the size would be a fit or not. Thank you!

Looks like an Axton which is typically on the W2298 although there's a similar model on the 4497.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads