• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

shoefan57

Reaction score
Anyone have or have heard of this leather? Seems almost like a pin grain.

Acorn York Cloud Museum Caviar
dsc08634.jpg
It’s is a pin grain. Church’s once used “Caviar” leather too.

shoefan57

Reaction score
And if anyone has any informartion about what leather is 'Cuero Boa Ventura Ansiao Hidro'? And 'Walnut Mountain Bear '?
Tricker's been using some wild funky leather that I wasn't aware of...:colgate:
The waxy grainy finishing looks cool, it'd be great to know more, thanks in advance!

View attachment 1837028
(Cuero Boa Ventura Ansiao Hidro )

View attachment 1837029
(Walnut Mountain Bear )
Both from their outlet website.
I don’t think the Mountain Bear leather is Mufflone. It looks waxy and Mufflone isn’t waxy. It’d be fun to write to Trickers and ask them what these leathers are

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trickers doesn’t care as long as they are all brown leathers. 🤣🤦🏽‍♂️

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
13187 Last, if it had a touch less taper at the pinky toe and a slightly tighter heel it would be perfect for me. Normally wear 9 or 9.5 EEE U.S. and 9 UK in trickers seems to work pretty well. No instep tightness at all which is a huge issue for me in shoes/boots and great closure; normally have a huge v-gap or separation at the laces. I can actually wear non-dress socks. Most of my GS boots I have to wear the thinnest socks I have.

Didn't get a chance for pics this morning it was raining hard. Fan of the deer skin as well, very soft and compliant.

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have a question about the lining in my pair of chukkas. I seem to have worn through the inner lining at the point where my pinky toes rub against the lining. Has happened on both feet. What does this mean for the longevity of the shoe and do I need to consider reinforcing it just yet? I have walked a lot in them but cumulatively it amounts to around 6 - 9 months of wear give or take. For comparison, the suede upper shows no damage or tearing regardless of all the tramping I have done in this pair.

Kpt_Iglo

Reaction score
Juan Manuel could you help me with sizing the James loafer?

I have a few Burton in size 9UK, this is slightly large in the toe and a little heel slip, but I like the "roominess" and can manage by lacing tightly. I also have the Henry Boot in 8,5UK that fits me a little tighter but still good, not too tight.

I hesitate with the loafer, I think I should go with 8,5UK because it cannot be laced tight. I have my eyes on a used pair in 8,5UK in suede, but have not pulled the triger because beeing 2nd hand I cannot return them. Thoughts?

Angel91

Reaction score
Bourton 6UK fits me well, I have James in 6UK, which is a bit tight but can work out when stretched by use , and 6,5UK which is slightly big but wearable, no heel slip. Brands tend to suggest to not run too large with loafers.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Juan Manuel could you help me with sizing the James loafer?

I have a few Burton in size 9UK, this is slightly large in the toe and a little heel slip, but I like the "roominess" and can manage by lacing tightly. I also have the Henry Boot in 8,5UK that fits me a little tighter but still good, not too tight.

I hesitate with the loafer, I think I should go with 8,5UK because it cannot be laced tight. I have my eyes on a used pair in 8,5UK in suede, but have not pulled the triger because beeing 2nd hand I cannot return them. Thoughts?

Hello

Al my Tricker's (James, Stow, Leo, Aldo, Robert) are in 10.5UK. I read that the Burton is a tad large so some lads have to size down. In the Tricker's web site you can find a "size guide" that can help. Now, some people suggest having a snugger fit in loafers if you don't have a particularly high instep (which is my case).

ALDO W2298
JAMES W2298
ROBERT W2298
STOW 4497S
STEPHAN 4497S
LEO 4497S

I hope this helps.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads