• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Sole Boy

Reaction score
I was trying to order a few pairs of MTO's. The service was so bad they've now lost me for good.

Someone there needs customer service training, fast!

Shame, because the people in the London shop are amazing, second to none actually.

I think the people at the factory may be suffering from swollen heads when they really needn't. They should be ashamed of themselves. It is a disservice to their customers.

Last edited:

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From the latest sale, I thought I was not a loafer guy but these James are something that will see lots of rotation:

Model: James
Upper: Castorino full reverse suede in Cubanna (you can call it snuff)
Sole: Leather
Last:W2288
Welt: 360

These loafers will look great with denim, chinos or cords. The softness of the suede is impressive. The model might be a tad chunky for some people, but that is exactly what I like from Tricker's.

IMG_1106.jpg
IMG_1108.jpg
IMG_1109.jpg
IMG_1110.jpg
IMG_1111.jpg
IMG_1112.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1112.jpg
    IMG_1112.jpg
    627.6 KB · Views: 45

Sole Boy

Reaction score
Ha ha ha have you received a few terse replies by e-mail too? ;-) I thought the same thing after my last purchase and ended up going six months before snapping up a pair of monkey boots. Might be my last buy though to be honest because I have maxed out on their styles and leather.

Yes, I'm not sure who they think they are, I won't be buying from them again.

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, I'm not sure who they think they are, I won't be buying from them again.
I mean once I put the shoes on I always take a step back and figure the factory peeps are potentially overworked and not too inclined to be descriptive over e-mail and all is well. My interactions are pretty basic to be honest so I guess results may vary….

Sole Boy

Reaction score
Sure, but at the £895 a pair they're asking for MTO's the customer service needs to be in a different league to where it is currently.
The people running the Jermyn Street store could really teach them a thing or three. That's the standard to aspire to for any store.

I mean once I put the shoes on I always take a step back and figure the factory peeps are potentially overworked and not too inclined to be descriptive over e-mail and all is well. My interactions are pretty basic to be honest so I guess results may vary….

Kiwijohn

Reaction score
Sure, but at the £895 a pair they're asking for MTO's the customer service needs to be in a different league to where it is currently.
The people running the Jermyn Street store could really teach them a thing or three. That's the standard to aspire to for any store.
I wouldn’t mind an MTO but I’d probably go through Shoe Healer who have excellent customer service. They do all the communication to Trickers so you only have communicate with Shoe Healer.

Sole Boy

Reaction score
I wouldn’t mind an MTO but I’d probably go through Shoe Healer who have excellent customer service. They do all the communication to Trickers so you only have communicate with Shoe Healer.

Yes, Shoe Healer are excellent. I will be using them but won't be ordering anything made by the Tricker's factory.

bemk

Reaction score
My Marron Bourtons:

220530_15125-Trickers-Bourton-Marron.jpg

I have them also in Espresso and Acorn. I never wear my shoes two days in a row, for this reason I have 2 pairs of the Acorn Bourton, because they are my Bourton Superstars.
But I appreciate Marron for the versatilty in choice, when Acorn is too bright for my taste, for example with beige trousers.

And just as with Acorn, I love to combine Marron with blue.

220530_15119-Trickers-Bourton-Marron.jpg
220530_15115-Trickers-Bourton-Marron.jpg

Last edited:

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@bemk Marron & blue always work !
20220322_162722.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads