• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Orange cordovan Brett
1QlpVYr9S3ut8Mve8ZvyPQ.jpg

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sold out in my size unfortunately, but anyone have insight into how the 5402R last fits?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Sold out in my size unfortunately, but anyone have insight into how the 5402R last fits?

Snugger than most lasts.
I take same size in 4498, 2298, 5402 but for me at least 1/2 size up in 5402 works too.

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Snugger than most lasts.
I take same size in 4498, 2298, 5402 but for me at least 1/2 size up in 5402 works too.
Hmmm I am typically a 10 in the 4497 and wondering whether to size up. Can always wear thicker socks I guess. Liking this particular pair with the speed hooks and so on.

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those boots exude quality, a great purchase.
Yes they do look great. Very badly tempted but I just picked up the black CxL monkey boot from the sale on the main site, so will have to wait for another round to see if I can snag these. Fingers crossed. I may not survive though. 🤣

Sole Boy

Reaction score
Tricker's have such poor customer service that I am officially ditching the brand for good.
I would recommend that anyone wanting to buy an expensive pair of English shoes to consider any of the many other brands available.

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tricker's have such poor customer service that I am officially ditching the brand for good.
I would recommend that anyone wanting to buy an expensive pair of English shoes to consider any of the many other brands available.
Ha ha ha have you received a few terse replies by e-mail too? ;-) I thought the same thing after my last purchase and ended up going six months before snapping up a pair of monkey boots. Might be my last buy though to be honest because I have maxed out on their styles and leather.

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My customer service experience has been pretty okay though it's been about 50% through their IG account. That said I am realizing that their lasts don't fit me as well as I had imagined. Think it's about time to abandon the 4444 last. It's too tight on my toes 1/2 a size down. I think it's not really due to the toebox being too tight but more so my low instep allows my feet to slide forward just enough to be annoying. Because of that I don't think going up a 1/2 size to TTS is an option as I am not particularly interested in insoles or tongue pads.

So far it seems only the 4497 is working out. The 2298 and 4444 both have issues for me. And the 4497 instep is too loose at the start of the lacing too. but it does have more room to work with that the Bourtons by the 3rd eyelet and the fact that they are Stow boots also allows me to lace the shaft fairly tight so my feet don't move around.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads