• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
May have ordered the Tricker's x DR Dean boots. Guess I'll be up to 6 pairs of Tricker's boots once the flint kudu Stow is finally restocked in my size.
I didn't order quickly enough to have the boots ship yesterday. Which may actually be a good thing. Apparently some new Tricker's x DR Horween collabs are dropping at 11AM Eastern. Whether there are some new makeups or just restocks of the current ones I am not sure. We will soon see.

rob80bboots

Reaction score
Ouch. Very strange failure that. Now I definitely need to buy a pair of Rannochs just in anticipation of this happpening to me and my Grassmere. ???‍♂️
With the amount of salt folks use to melt the ice on their sidewalks, no doubt the salty brine run off may affect the integrity of the stitching, not good. :(
If I hadn't recently picked up a pair of Grassmere in brown I'd also have a pair of Rannochs on the way. Maybe wait for a sale.
Anyway still a balmy -19 Celsius here in Toronto so no puddles to go jumping in ....but wait for that spring run off. lol

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With the amount of salt folks use to melt the ice on their sidewalks, no doubt the salty brine run off may affect the integrity of the stitching, not good. :(
If I hadn't recently picked up a pair of Grassmere in brown I'd also have a pair of Rannochs on the way. Maybe wait for a sale.
Anyway still a balmy -19 Celsius here in Toronto so no puddles to go jumping in ....but wait for that spring run off. lol
Yes also I’ve heard that brown boots have better waterproofing ???‍♂️

rob80bboots

Reaction score
Yes also I’ve heard that brown boots have better waterproofing ???‍♂️
Might have a point...Tricker's thread but keep forgetting I've a pair of Cheaney Ingleborough for hiking through the tundra.;)
Not too sure Tricker's ever made an equivalent boot. ???
cheaney Ingleborough 4.jpg

Last edited:

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tempting...

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DHL is fast, at first shipping notification they said the 26th for delivery; that are now being delivered today.

For wet and slippery conditions (mud, snow and ice) I have a pair of AE Rockies. They have the Vibram Artic grip lug sole, waxed suede and a waterproof membrane.

For real snow I stick with Columbia snow boots.

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
****. I’m in so much trouble….

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Tempting...

I wonder if they all come standard with nasty discoloration around the welt. I know that’s kind of a thing with dublin but that looks bad.

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems to be
I wonder if they all come standard with nasty discoloration around the welt. I know that’s kind of a thing with dublin but that looks bad.
standard across all their recent releases with that leather. Perhaps it just evens out over time as the rest of the boot ages and oils and what not move around. I should check out the Chamois pics to see if there is something similar around the welt there as well.

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems to be

standard across all their recent releases with that leather. Perhaps it just evens out over time as the rest of the boot ages and oils and what not move around. I should check out the Chamois pics to see if there is something similar around the welt there as well.
I doubt it's there on the chamois roughout. It's just kinda 'meh' looking burnishing, yea? Should be reserved for smooth leathers. It's on my color 8 Dublin pair but due to the darkness of that leather it isn't very noticeable.

That said I am canceling my Dean boot order to ponder a bit. Both of the natural Dublin and brown nut Dublin models appeal to me. Going to take a little bit of time to choose. Also need to decide if I want to still want on the flint kudu.. Leaning toward yes.

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I doubt it's there on the chamois roughout. It's just kinda 'meh' looking burnishing, yea? Should be reserved for smooth leathers. It's on my color 8 Dublin pair but due to the darkness of that leather it isn't very noticeable.

That said I am canceling my Dean boot order to ponder a bit. Both of the natural Dublin and brown nut Dublin models appeal to me. Going to take a little bit of time to choose. Also need to decide if I want to still want on the flint kudu.. Leaning toward yes.
Yep, correct. It is not a noticeable aspect of the #8 pairs for sure.

As to your dilemma. I think the flint kudu for the win. I have a pair of kudu suede Trickers chukkas that are rock solid and actually might be my most favourite purchase yet. For me the nut brown comes across as being a bit too busy visually, if that makes sense, especially as the leather creases and pull up takes effect. As to the Churchill, I have too many captoes already so gonna pass on getting more. Think I am currently in a suede / rough out phase at the moment, and all plain toe styles preferably.

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ended up sticking with the Dean boot. And yea I will still pick up the flint kudu whenever it arrives. Snuff kudu Bourton is a semu-likely pickup too. Sounded like they were hoping for a Spring restock on the kudu.

The burnishing on the natural dublin Churchill is just too much contrast. And I am not sure I want a 3rd Stow so I am passing on the brown nut dublin as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads