• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

SumDude

Reaction score
Tasty chocolate…. chocolate waxy kudu
F8168B13-B2CD-4412-BA65-270DB43A171C.jpeg

SumDude

Reaction score
May have ordered the Tricker's x DR Dean boots. Guess I'll be up to 6 pairs of Tricker's boots once the flint kudu Stow is finally restocked in my size.

That's a good start! I am only up to 12 with 2 more on order with the factory. @zippyh is the king for Tricker's! Followed closely by @Crafty Cumbrian. I can't wait to have 1/2 as many as them. ?

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's a pic I have lying around. I would say both the Rannochs and Pennines have a red tinge with the Pennine IIs being redder.
Very nice. That full gussetted tongue has me thinking more and more about the Rannoch. You took the same size in both?

Olderfellow

Reaction score
Very nice. That full gussetted tongue has me thinking more and more about the Rannoch. You took the same size in both?

Yes. Same size in both. The Rannoch is not the most elegant looking of boots, but you could bang nails in with it, and it has a certain charm of its own. Definitely a beater boot

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes. Same size in both. The Rannoch is not the most elegant looking of boots, but you could bang nails in with it, and it has a certain charm of its own. Definitely a beater boot
Oh yeah for sure. Looks is not the concern. I definitely want it for forest walks in places that have a lot of waterlogged undergrowth and so on. Heavy snow etc etc. Hell I plan to learn to fish as well so I see this as being something I could use in those circumstances. Plus I don’t have this style in brown. I hear that makes all the difference. ?

Olderfellow

Reaction score
Looks is not the concern. I definitely want it for forest walks in places that have a lot of waterlogged undergrowth and so on. Heavy snow etc etc.

Not been in those conditions with the Rannoch. Cheaney pennine is a veldtshoen so in theory should be waterproof, but it's far too dainty to go dancing around slippy boulders and slimy bogs.

Olderfellow

Reaction score
Looks is not the concern. I definitely want it for forest walks in places that have a lot of waterlogged undergrowth and so on. Heavy snow etc etc.

And don't forget these. FX sizing, made by Alfred Sargent and also veldtshoen. Trouble is, they're currently out of stock:

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And don't forget these. FX sizing, made by Alfred Sargent and also veldtshoen. Trouble is, they're currently out of stock:

the AS one too similar to the Pennine and also I thought AS isn’t producing footwear any more?
To be fair to the Pennine, I didn’t do the hardest or longest walks, mostly wet forest floor, mild elevation and not much rock scrambling, some small streams and I was very comfortable. The only bit of uncertainty was standing in flowing water and feeling ever so slightly insecure about water getting in because the tongue isn’t a fully gusseted one. The full gusseted tongue of the Rannoch should hopefully take care of that issue.

BSTM

Reaction score
The kudu suede super boot is gorgeous. It’s a Grassmere on 2298. I have it…

OK - I have cracked and ordered from AFPOS for £275! This picture in your earlier post really got me:

rob80bboots

Reaction score
Actually coming back to this for a second. Your feet got wet 100% I know sometimes when I step into puddles water gets between the shaft and tongue and the sensation on feet is cold as well without actually getting anything wet.

Anyway, just the fact that both feet flooded seems strange to me. Weird set of simultaneous failures...
I was hoping that was the case were it was just the sensation of water seepage, but yes the water literately squirted into the instep area of both boots. It was as if the arch created a vacuum like with a syringe sucking in the cold water. :(

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was hoping that was the case were it was just the sensation of water seepage, but yes the water literately squirted into the instep area of both boots. It was as if the arch created a vacuum like with a syringe sucking in the cold water. :(
Ouch. Very strange failure that. Now I definitely need to buy a pair of Rannochs just in anticipation of this happpening to me and my Grassmere. ???‍♂️

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads