• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Caramel Kudu Bourtons today.

20211206_111320.jpg
20211206_111349.jpg
20211206_111549.jpg

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Took a risk and ordered the 4444 Bourton in acorn. Return shipping to the UK will probably be more than I'd prefer to spend, but I think it's worth trying. Tricker's x DR Churchill boots on the way too. Looking forward to seeing what the black unicorn leather is like in person. While I am buying too much too quickly I am happy to be buying from a brand with a style I like and a better fit than I've had before. Need to list my other boots for sale asap..

Edit: ADDITIONALLY, I just received word that Alden considers the color 8 shell boots I got a month ago unrepairable. So I'll be getting a full refund on those and picking up some color 8 dublin Tramping boots. o_O

Last edited:

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
Took a risk and ordered the 4444 Bourton in acorn. Return shipping to the UK will probably be more than I'd prefer to spend, but I think it's worth trying. Tricker's x DR Churchill boots on the way too. Looking forward to seeing what the black unicorn leather is like in person. While I am buying too much too quickly I am happy to be buying from a brand with a style I like and a better fit than I've had before. Need to list my other boots for sale asap..

Edit: ADDITIONALLY, I just received word that Alden considers the color 8 shell boots I got a month ago unrepairable. So I'll be getting a full refund on those and picking up some color 8 dublin Tramping boots. o_O

Looking forward to some photos of the black unicorn. I have the DR in bronze, and it's a funky leather. Very thick, soft and sort of nubuck-like, yet really tough. I was wearing it today and considering that it needed a light cleaning. It holds dust a bit since the there is some texture to it and its a little waxy. My thinking is care would be the same as suede that it could take a shampoo. I did a nano-spray on it some time ago, which seemed to work well and soak right in.

BSTM

Reaction score
So I'll be getting a full refund on those and picking up some color 8 dublin Tramping boots. o_O

Very jealous of you getting these DR Tramping boots - a glorious colour/style, but sadly none available in my size. Probably just as well - landed UK cost would be over £600.

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
G
Very jealous of you getting these DR Tramping boots - a glorious colour/style, but sadly none available in my size. Probably just as well - landed UK cost would be over £600.
Got those as well and can attest to them being awesome. My only wish would have been for them to be on Ridgeway. The leather is really lovely in, and the colour variation based on the light is superb to observe.

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used the Saphir teinture and then Saphir pommadier in dark brown as suggested, got them both from 'A fine pair of shoes' along with 2 pairs of Trickers shoe bags all half price in Black Friday sale.
Left the uppers alone as I like the Naster colour.

1638906979901.png

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
Burtons in Earth Suede. A little down time before the office holiday party - sturdy shoes required.

My first pair of 4444s and my duck feet are saying "where have you been all my life???" Minimal heel slip, happy pinkies, perfect fit, happy me!

(PS - I love the lighter contrasting welt)

IMG_1984.jpeg

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Burtons in Earth Suede. A little down time before the office holiday party - sturdy shoes required.

My first pair of 4444s and my duck feet are saying "where have you been all my life???" Minimal heel slip, happy pinkies, perfect fit, happy me!

(PS - I love the lighter contrasting welt)

View attachment 1716414
You're giving me hope. My 4444 Bourton should be in either Friday or Monday. Do you have any Tricker's boots? Curious how close the quarters get for you on those.

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
You're giving me hope. My 4444 Bourton should be in either Friday or Monday. Do you have any Tricker's boots? Curious how close the quarters get for you on those.

I have the DR bronze unicorns in the 2298. That last is a little narrow for me, but wearable. Basically the same with regards to the quarters - they nearly touch. I have wide, but bony low volume feet and skinny (I prefer "svelte" ? ) runners ankles so boot quarters lace close. I literally have to overlap the tops of the quarters on my C&J Conistons.

IMG_0153.jpeg

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the DR bronze unicorns in the 2298. That last is a little narrow for me, but wearable. Basically the same with regards to the quarters - they nearly touch. I have wide, but bony low volume feet and skinny (I prefer "svelte" ? ) runners ankles so boot quarters lace close. I literally have to overlap the tops of the quarters on my C&J Conistons.

View attachment 1716428
I haven't received my 2298 Churchill boots to compare, but I believe the Churchill boots have quarters that will come less close together at the first eyelet. I was comparing the quarters to all of the other Tricker's x DR quarters, and they seem different on the Churchill. That said you seem to be getting a similar fit with the quarters to my 4497 Stow and Eaton. When I eventually get the 2298 Stow in flint kudu that may be the best comparison.

The way you describe your feet sounds very similar to me. The 2298 is a little less friendly on the pinky toes for me compared to the 4497, but it's still a better fit that I've gotten from other brands. Did you go 1/2 size down for the 4444? Looks like it may fit me just fine.

Bronze unicorn looks great too. I would be tempted to grab a pair if I didn't impose limitations on the amount of boots I can own. 1 tan/light brown, 1 mid-dark brown, 1 black, 1 burgundy. And then 1 more because flint kudu reverse is my #1 favorite suede/rough out. Always the chance I will expand my limits...

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
I haven't received my 2298 Churchill boots to compare, but I believe the Churchill boots have quarters that will come less close together at the first eyelet. I was comparing the quarters to all of the other Tricker's x DR quarters, and they seem different on the Churchill. That said you seem to be getting a similar fit with the quarters to my 4497 Stow and Eaton. When I eventually get the 2298 Stow in flint kudu that may be the best comparison.

The way you describe your feet sounds very similar to me. The 2298 is a little less friendly on the pinky toes for me compared to the 4497, but it's still a better fit that I've gotten from other brands. Did you go 1/2 size down for the 4444? Looks like it may fit me just fine.

Bronze unicorn looks great too. I would be tempted to grab a pair if I didn't impose limitations on the amount of boots I can own. 1 tan/light brown, 1 mid-dark brown, 1 black, 1 burgundy. And then 1 more because flint kudu reverse is my #1 favorite suede/rough out. Always the chance I will expand my limits...

Yep, half size down for the 4444. For me, these 7.5 Bourtons are roomier than the 2298s in an 8.

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stows in Marron Antique arrived. Went up full size from Bourtons since half size up not available. Initial fit seems fine.
In pics below they appear more red than they are, pics taken in natural light
20211208_102457.jpg
20211208_102433.jpg
20211208_102414.jpg

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And a few more under office lighting...
20211208_180436.jpg
20211208_180637.jpg
20211208_180723.jpg
20211208_180508.jpg

Peter_QK

Reaction score
While I also enjoy watching division road's tricker offerings, I quite enjoy this make up from belfast 'Trickers horsehide'. I have seen anyone else talking about this make up, its sold out in my size and full retail is a bit too costly for me to afford.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads