• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Sign kudu Minster (I think that’s the model). On 4444.
44FB8F78-1F1E-492A-BAF1-20ABB3308B30.jpeg

conqueror

Reaction score
i might be going crazy, but do the eyelets on my right ilkley look crooked? it's almost like there is slightly too much leather on the eyelet tab considering that my right foot is actually slightly bigger than the left. i've wanted a pair for so long that at 30% off i'll probably keep them anyway.

Attachments

• IMG_2374.jpg
    IMG_2374.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

Peter_QK

Reaction score
When I had a pair of boots with something sharp in an eyelet (Aldens not Trickers) I used a pair of needle nose pliers to remove a bit of sharp metal.
Not too visible but oneof the eyelets on my alden had a sharp small part hanging out which caused damage on the tongue of the boots. Im not even bothered to contact the retailer as i dont have much trust in Alden....also bought during sale, not going to worry too much... life already too busy with my work and family

Attachments

• 64906D9A-AE11-415B-8A68-41357D2CC08C.jpeg
    64906D9A-AE11-415B-8A68-41357D2CC08C.jpeg
    121.4 KB · Views: 62
  • A0B68324-029C-4374-905A-3D4212390623.jpeg
    A0B68324-029C-4374-905A-3D4212390623.jpeg
    185.7 KB · Views: 58

BSTM

Reaction score
Sign kudu Minster (I think that’s the model). On 4444.
View attachment 1713319
Looking good and glad I cracked and bought a pair on the last day of the sale. Amazed how the colour changes - outside the redness really pops, but inside it is more subtle. Shoes with real character. I decided to return the Naster MC Durham's, also bought in the sale, they look neatly dull by comparison and the W2298 last seemed a bit tight. I wonder why Tricker's decided not to retain/resurrect the Minster name?

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking good and glad I cracked and bought a pair on the last day of the sale. Amazed how the colour changes - outside the redness really pops, but inside it is more subtle. Shoes with real character. I decided to return the Naster MC Durham's, also bought in the sale, they look neatly dull by comparison and the W2298 last seemed a bit tight. I wonder why Tricker's decided not to retain/resurrect the Minster name?
Yeah imagine the 'Yes Minster!' puns right there.....

rob80bboots

Reaction score
i might be going crazy, but do the eyelets on my right ilkley look crooked? it's almost like there is slightly too much leather on the eyelet tab considering that my right foot is actually slightly bigger than the left. i've wanted a pair for so long that at 30% off i'll probably keep them anyway.
Possibly :)....but with Tricker's being bench made I do not believe I've one pair that are perfectly symmetrical, gives them each a unique personality...but if one wishes to have something to keep them up at night check the toe medallions.:blush: Nice shoe though. ?
Curious though if the Ilkley is identical similar to the Bourton except for the Zug grain leather?

Last edited:

rob80bboots

Reaction score
Curious though if the Ilkley is identical similar to the Bourton except for the Zug grain leather?

Zippyh got it...
AFAIK, Bourton, Ilkley, and Keswick are all the same style just differing in soles and materials. Standard c shade Keswicks are wide fit but I have a pair from a Bureau make up that are medium width. It wouldn’t surprise me if Trickers have some secret decoder ring for determining which is which.

Olderfellow

Reaction score
@Olderfellow i see your laces and I raise ye a medallion sir!
Was told that this is the underside of the leather and not a fault. So it’s not that it’s not been punched properly, not at all and don’t you suggest it!
View attachment 1713632
What frightfullness is this! I shouldst p'rhaps now counteth myself blessed yon shoeth mak'r didst not counter: ‘Sir! thou art lacing your footweareth wrong’.

rob80bboots

Reaction score
@Olderfellow i see your laces and I raise ye a medallion sir!
Was told that this is the underside of the leather and not a fault. So it’s not that it’s not been punched properly, not at all and don’t you suggest it!
View attachment 1713632
Thank to god they're not pressing vinyl.vinyl.vinyl.vinyl.vinyl.vinyl.vinyl.vinyl.vinyl.vinyl.vinyl.vinyl.vinyl.vinyl.vinyl.vinyl.

Last edited:

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have those black unicorn Churchill boots from DR? Really curious about how that leather ages. Haven't been successful in finding many pictures.

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
Bourtons in Opera Earth suede arrived yesterday from the BF sale. My first pair of 4444s - really accommodating for wide footed gents like myself. Not sure what the Opera part of the name is all about. Must have just been assembled because the scent of glue and solvent is so strong my wife relegated them to the garage :rolleyes: .

IMG_1966.jpg

IMG_1967.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads