• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Peter_QK

Reaction score
Damn my small feet! ?
Wait... small feet !!!???
There is robert uk5 in burgundy cordovan available from outlet!!!

SumDude

Reaction score
Wait... small feet !!!???
There is robert uk5 in burgundy cordovan available from outlet!!!

Too small to order the same Eaton (or the polo kudu that was available). Not interested in their shoes right now.

Vamp-ire

Reaction score
So had a lucky day in NYC, found a pair of like new

• Stowe Boots Size 8 fit 5, black
• Milkshake/mushroom suede Bourtons size 8 fit 5
• Mystery handwritten canvas shoes size 8 UK, (anyone know what these are? They fit like 8.5 US) sadly feeling they're way too tight on the vamp. They're channeled soles so definitely made very well, plus they're new

Paid about $255 for all 3

Will probably se the canvas and trade the bourtons for a 7.5uk

Added a Stowe fit pic

Attachments

• 20211124_221827.jpg
    20211124_221827.jpg
    338.9 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG-20211126-WA0000.jpeg
    IMG-20211126-WA0000.jpeg
    130.1 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
A bunch of standard models on sale at Mr Porter including acorn Stows.

rob80bboots

Reaction score
So had a lucky day in NYC, found a pair of like new

• Stowe Boots Size 8 fit 5, black

Paid about $255 for all 3

Added a Stowe fit pic

Just the Stows were worth more than the price of admission....good find. ?

Vamp-ire

Reaction score
Just the Stows were worth more than the price of admission....good find. ?

They were pretty much new! Figured for $150 it was fair as they run $200 used.

The Bourtons ran alittle big (hence why I'm looking to trade them)

I thought the biggest steal were the canvas summer shoes, theyre brand new but they don't fit my feet properly

rob80bboots

Reaction score
Durham Kudu Polos are in the house, although color wise compared to my Polo Stows the shoes look more burgundy, bordering toward sign. on second thought. :rolleyes:
If I could be so young..lol ?. anyway Stow in Polo Kudu for this mornings 5k trek.
View attachment 1675068

IMG_3361.jpg
And yep..this year no bags.. but then I never use them.

IMG_3362.jpg
......... Based on my experience with the 2298 last I think you find a noticeable improvement on the Bourtons. ......
Fit wise...love em, like princealbert mentioned "noticeable improvement on the Bourtons"
IMG_E3370.jpg
..and the eyelets, 5 blind eyelets vs 4 open....also I'm hoping the 2298 with the narrower last will have less heel slip than my Bourton .......
Happy to say heel slip is nil...if none existent, although I will need to get in a good walk to verify but these already feel like they'll be my favorite Tricker's shoe. ;)
IMG_E3368.jpg

.....and final note...happy to see Tricker's now include, besides the Commodity Code 6403, which they always do... an extra sticker so there is no question about being exempt from duty, at least coming into Canada ..."These Products are of UK Preferential Origin" ?... saves arguing with the Couriers. :cool:
IMG_E3363.jpg

Last edited:

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
Durham Kudu Polos are in the house, although color wise compared to my Polo Stows the shoes look more burgundy, bordering toward sign. on second thought. :rolleyes:

View attachment 1710340
And yep..this year no bags.. but then I never use them.

View attachment 1710341

Fit wise...love em, like princealbert mentioned "noticeable improvement on the Bourtons"
View attachment 1710343

Happy to say heel slip in nil...if none existent, although I will need to get in a good walk to verify but these already feel like they'll be my favorite Tricker's shoe. ;)
View attachment 1710342

.....and final note...happy to see Tricker's now include, besides the Commodity Code 6403, which they always do... an extra sticker so there is no question about being exempt from duty, at least coming into Canada ..."These Products are of UK Preferential Origin" ?... saves arguing with the Couriers. :cool:
View attachment 1710344

Wow those are really nice! I wish I could do the 2298 last but my pinky toes say no.

rob80bboots

Reaction score
Wow those are really nice! I wish I could do the 2298 last but my pinky toes say no.
I was worrying about the same thing as I slipped my foot into the narrower last, alas no. Could also depend on the shoe/boot as some of my 4497s are all over the map ..but as they say YMMV. : )
Guess one could size up as instead of down as on the Burfords.

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sizing advice pls as looking to take advantage of Black Friday Sales.

Only pair of Trickers I have are Caramel Kudu Bourtons in UK12 / 4444 last. After wearing them for about 5 wears total I have come to realise that the 4th & pinkie toe are pressed to the toebox wall and by the end of the day are uncomfortable. The big toe is also pressing against the toebox wall but no issue on the big toe at the end of the day.

Am considering a pair of Stows on 4497 last and wondering if I should size up to UK13 to accommodate for longer length while the width might be a smidge more than the UK12/4444 Bourtons which are advised as half size down from Stows.

What does the experienced folks think of going up to UK13 for the Stows ? Worth a try ?

I am considering between Acorn Antique and Marron Antique leaning towards the Marron Antique.

Other sizes/makes I have/wear are :
Alden TB - US13E (calf, shell) / US13D (CXL, Suede)
Viberg 2030/1035 last - Viberg 13
Grant Stone Leo last - US13E
Allen Edmonds 1757 (Higgins Mill) - US13EEE (because not available in US13E)

Olderfellow

Reaction score
Mild excitement on my part at the monkey boot in black scotch grain until I noticed it has hints of blue and is on the 4497S last. Could look very strange...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads