• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

rob80bboots

Reaction score
Just eyeing up a pair of Bourtons on the outlet site - but do these look like they are on a lightweight sole?
Just to clarify. The “lightweight” sole is a welt plus Dainite. A “regular” sole is welt, midsole and Dainite.

Going by the heal area... definitely looks like a mid-sole in there. So not a lightweight. ;)
Screen Shot 2021-09-30 at 8.17.23 AM.png

duffyfluffy123

Reaction score
The top row of numbers is some mysterious stuff the factory uses.
The second row usually identifies the model. The 6973 in your pic means it’s some kind of Bowood which is on the 4444 last.I Think it’s basically a two tone Bourton.
The bottom row is size and width. Lots of people mistake the “-5” as meaning half size but it’s for width and 5 means medium or standard. Tricker’s always indicate half size as “1/2”. That shoe is pretty clearly marked as size 6.
Great, thank for letting me know.

duffyfluffy123

Reaction score
Are you a geisha girl?
It's probably because I've worn too medium width shoes and kinda still do now (which I SHOULD STRETCH WIDER) so my little toes are both diagonal. Because where I live, almost impossibru to find wide fitting shoes..

Do any of you people wear toe shapers regularly to get "shape back your feet" ? Want to know some thoughts

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
It's probably because I've worn too medium width shoes and kinda still do now (which I SHOULD STRETCH WIDER) so my little toes are both diagonal. Because where I live, almost impossibru to find wide fitting shoes..

Do any of you people wear toe shapers regularly to get "shape back your feet" ? Want to know some thoughts
Apologies my comment was only a joke as a nine to fit in a six I guessed you’d strapped your feet! I’d have them sized and size appropriate to that. The thought to me of a half size town gives me shivers!

duffyfluffy123

Reaction score
Apologies my comment was only a joke as a nine to fit in a six I guessed you’d strapped your feet! I’d have them sized and size appropriate to that. The thought to me of a half size town gives me shivers!
Don't worry, I got the joke :).My feet were quite cramped, but didn't think I'd manage to get them on, but theres a sad bit of truth, but nothing too shabby, atleast for now. There's some way to go to get to Shaquille O'Neals territory LOL :)

Mart73

Reaction score
Should wonky or misaligned eyelets be regarded as a defect with Tricker's boots? I have seen many examples of Tricker's (and other manufacturers) where the eyelets seem staggered rather than level. While this may seem trivial, once seen, wonky eyelets can't be unseen. Oddly, I've never seen this fault at a Jermyn Street or Northampton shop, just online purchases.

basu13

Reaction score
The sale and festive season is approaching fast. What would be the best resources/sites for picking up Trickers at good prices (with global shipping options)? When do these sales typically start?

The Seeker

Reaction score
Should wonky or misaligned eyelets be regarded as a defect with Tricker's boots? I have seen many examples of Tricker's (and other manufacturers) where the eyelets seem staggered rather than level. While this may seem trivial, once seen, wonky eyelets can't be unseen. Oddly, I've never seen this fault at a Jermyn Street or Northampton shop, just online purchases.
I had the same issue with some Loakes - once seen, never unseen. The spacing and alignment were well off. They agreed to replace these direct from the factory. 11F6B5DF-2E2C-4372-889D-0B17A184F6EE.jpeg

princealbert

Reaction score
in my opinion misaligned eyelets / facings are definitely a defect and should really be sold as ‘subs’. Having said that, there are lacing techniques that can be used to re-align them.
Much as I love Tricker’s the other thing that bugs me is the way in which the medallion on Bourtons and Stows is often badly positioned so that part of it disappears into the welt. It tends to be more of a problem on smaller sizes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads