• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Me looking to move on a new pair of Sign Kudu Stows. UK 10. Message if interested. Free shipping in EU. Post mid August free shipping in India.

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trickers Sample sale Kudu chukkas sampling some Norwegian scenery...

3367A4DA-6132-4FE9-8F9E-C58E70961D3E.jpeg

basu13

Reaction score
Me looking to move on a new pair of Sign Kudu Stows. UK 10. Message if interested. Free shipping in EU. Post mid August free shipping in India.
Damn, free shipping in India sounds good. You wouldn't have anything in UK 8/8.5 would you? ?

Last edited:

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, free shipping in India sounds good. You wouldn't have anything in UK 8/8.5 would you? ?
Ha ha I would like to help you, but I can confirm my feet don’t change much these days ???‍♂️

basu13

Reaction score
Question on breaking in of Trickers Stows.

I wore my new Stows for an extended period of time yesterday, for the first time. Walked for around 2-3 kilometers in them. I prefer a snug fit and hence, the boots were laced tight. There were absolutely no hotspots that I could discern on the foot itself, and the foot felt quite comfortable.

However, since the laces were tight, the tongue of the boot was pressed close to the shin/ part of leg above the ankle. That was rubbing against the leg as I was briskly walking, and that spot on the leg felt bruised after a bit. Is this expected to reduce as the break in progresses? In other words, would the tongue soften so as to do away with its rubbing against the leg?

JC27

Reaction score
Is this expected to reduce as the break in progresses? In other words, would the tongue soften so as to do away with its rubbing against the leg?

That's how I wear my Stows - good and tight, so much so that eventually that the eyelets eventually come together and the tongue is entirely hidden. The leather appears to stretch on the uppers during the break-in, so the coming together of the two parts of the quarter is a gradual process. Eventually, I end up with a well fitted boot that is extremely comfortable and molded to my leg and feet.

I suppose everyone is anatomically different, but I do experience what you've described during break-in. No pains or rubs anywhere in the boot, but a pressure point on my shin, just below the instep side of the top eyelet on both sides. Nothing too brutal, but noticeable until they are fully broken in - after which they are a joy to wear all day. Occasionally I'll notice that pressure on my right leg whilst driving, but nothing bothersome. I suppose there is very little between skin and bone on the shin, so it's bound to be susceptible to pressure points.

JC27

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've a last/fit query - having lurked for a while I appreciate that much of this will be subjective and differ from person to person. I'd appreciate your thoughts all the same.

I've worn 4497s lasted boots for decades, and take a size 10. Per my post above - these become like slippers with no real breaking-in woes. I've a fat, flat foot and a skinny heel and ankle.

Recently I've been venturing into different styles and lasts (damn you, periodic sales!). Over the past year I've picked up an Aldo Chukka (staying true to size on the W2298 last) and Henry (dropping a half size on the 4444) as prescribed - both in Repello suede. I've been trying to break in both pairs, but the toe boxes on both feel pretty cramped. I can wear them all day but usually relieved to take them off! I can understand with the W2298, but more confused with the 4444. Sock choice seems to make little difference.

Do I; persevere seeking some stretch in the suede, have the toe box stretched @ SH, or accept that I'm anatomically challenged and divest accordingly?

...such are the joys of remote shoe purchases!

Caccia

Reaction score
7B544D03-2AF5-4CD7-A2E9-1E1FB1891A24.jpeg

These came yesterday from Tredders. Snug fit with two pairs of socks so I think they are about perfect. No serious break in issues yet, wore them yesterday for a few hours no problem. Thick leather soles slipped on a slick floor as expected. I like the color but feel any wax or cream will darken them. Should I just wear them and see what happens or put some wax or whatever to protect them? I have seen some awful things happen to the finish of leather with the wrong product.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
View attachment 1648170
These came yesterday from Tredders. Snug fit with two pairs of socks so I think they are about perfect. No serious break in issues yet, wore them yesterday for a few hours no problem. Thick leather soles slipped on a slick floor as expected. I like the color but feel any wax or cream will darken them. Should I just wear them and see what happens or put some wax or whatever to protect them? I have seen some awful things happen to the finish of leather with the wrong product.
I’d just wear em..
Two pairs of socks though?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads