• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Kudu Crafty’s..
7BBF5B3F-8D45-4221-B583-D0DE2CA2DFEF.jpeg

Kiwijohn

Reaction score

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha indeed. Which brings me to a very important newbie question directed at all the experienced Trickerheads here. Which time of the year are the best known sales to be found for Trickers? Is it Black Friday, Christmas etc or any other times ? Also, which are the most popular websites for these sales ?
TK Maxx,Woodhouse and A fine pair of shoes all have Trickers in their sales at the moment.

leparrain7

Reaction score
Nice, I love this leather. I got mine a couple of years ago on sale for £125 which was a steal. Looking forward to getting them resoled. I think a commando sole would look good and last forever!.
yes this leather is beautiful, I also watch a pair of smooth kudu.
on the other hand I do not agree with you for a commando sole, because they are rather casual shoes for the good weather and the hot seasons.
@Crafty Cumbrian and @zippyh can enlighten us more on this subject

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
on the other hand I do not agree with you for a commando sole, because they are rather casual shoes for the good weather and the hot seasons.
I got a pair of peanut suede Chukkas in sale and can attest to them being quite tough and able to take a beating. The leather has no marks at all even though i’ve done jungle walks and beach combing in them. A commando sole wouldn’t be a bad idea if you wanted to be rough and tumble with them, but otherwise the vibram is great for a lightweight option that can handle a beating.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Suede and commando does look cool but enjoy as is for now. They actually go fairly well with shorts.

basu13

Reaction score
An initial observation after trying out my Stows for the first couple of times, inside the house.

When inserting my heel into the boot, there is quite a bit of tightness and resistance at the tongue and at the top of the boot shaft. A fair bit of effort required to push in the heel. So much so that the laces need to be loosened as much as possible to ensure that the tongue is loose and there is enough space created for a smooth entry of the foot/heel into the boot. Is this normal, and likely to improve once the boot is broken in?

(Note that once my foot is in, I tie my laces quite tight to ensure a snug fit. The boots are 8.5 UK size and I have about an inch of space in front of my toes.)

On another note- these things are absolute tanks. My first foray into high quality boots and an experience truly unlike any other:-D

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
An initial observation after trying out my Stows for the first couple of times, inside the house.

When inserting my heel into the boot, there is quite a bit of tightness and resistance at the tongue and at the top of the boot shaft. A fair bit of effort required to push in the heel. So much so that the laces need to be loosened as much as possible to ensure that the tongue is loose and there is enough space created for a smooth entry of the foot/heel into the boot. Is this normal, and likely to improve once the boot is broken in?

(Note that once my foot is in, I tie my laces quite tight to ensure a snug fit. The boots are 8.5 UK size and I have about an inch of space in front of my toes.)

On another note- these things are absolute tanks. My first foray into high quality boots and an experience truly unlike any other:-D
Initially yes, the leather won’t have much give but it should be easier to slip in and out once the upper breaks in ans you figure out what lacing works best for you. I prefer parallel lacing like in the pic versus the more traditional cross lacing that I used to use.

Also worth using a shoe horns to make it a bit frictionless, and also to not damage the heel counter over time. Again not an absolute necessity but it certainly helps the initial process.

They are heavy for sure. I accidentally walked some 15 - 20k in mine the first time around and felt exhausted at the end of the day. ?

CC1EF864-29B9-4671-B0E7-1B6E1CAC87BB.jpeg
CC1EF864-29B9-4671-B0E7-1B6E1CAC87BB.jpeg CC1EF864-29B9-4671-B0E7-1B6E1CAC87BB.jpeg

basu13

Reaction score
Initially yes, the leather won’t have much give but it should be easier to slip in and out once the upper breaks in ans you figure out what lacing works best for you. I prefer parallel lacing like in the pic versus the more traditional cross lacing that I used to use.

Also worth using a shoe horns to make it a bit frictionless, and also to not damage the heel counter over time. Again not an absolute necessity but it certainly helps the initial process.

They are heavy for sure. I accidentally walked some 15 - 20k in mine the first time around and felt exhausted at the end of the day. ?

View attachment 1644011 View attachment 1644011 View attachment 1644011
Thanks, good to know that the initial resistance is to be expected. Sweet boots there by the way? the natural coloured welts are available on special/customized editions, I assume?

Yes, I prefer parallel/bar lacing as well, and the clean symmetrical look that it provides. And I am careful to use a shoe horn for all of my shoes including these. Probably need to get a slightly longer one though, which would be more suitable for boots vis a vis dress shoes.

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, good to know that the initial resistance is to be expected. Sweet boots there by the way? the natural coloured welts are available on special/customized editions, I assume?

Yes, I prefer parallel/bar lacing as well, and the clean symmetrical look that it provides. And I am careful to use a shoe horn for all of my shoes including these. Probably need to get a slightly longer one though, which would be more suitable for boots vis a vis dress shoes.
Ah also guessing Bangalore should have good options for outdoor parks and stuff but the initial break in, especially underfoot maybe gentler if you get to walk on natural surfaces versus asphalt and sidewalks, for example. Either way, enjoy the process. The leather is tip top stuff and it gets super soft in time.

If you’re asking about the welt on mine, it came like that, but it has darkened considerably since. I put mine through it’s paces through autumn to spring. Pictures below for comparison, new to six months old. I think that your pair is going to show even more character on the upper in the same time frame.
A6DDDA61-4298-4D87-8930-7D0A6023624A.jpeg
01138B4D-D6DA-4CFA-9AF8-03041579999B.jpeg

Danath

Reaction score
Ah also guessing Bangalore should have good options for outdoor parks and stuff but the initial break in, especially underfoot maybe gentler if you get to walk on natural surfaces versus asphalt and sidewalks, for example. Either way, enjoy the process. The leather is tip top stuff and it gets super soft in time.

If you’re asking about the welt on mine, it came like that, but it has darkened considerably since. I put mine through it’s paces through autumn to spring. Pictures below for comparison, new to six months old. I think that your pair is going to show even more character on the upper in the same time frame. View attachment 1644021 View attachment 1644022
Is this the espresso or the cafe version ?

I ordered the last pair of espresso burnished from division road a couple of days before. I am waiting for the delivery....

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this the espresso or the cafe version ?

I ordered the last pair of espresso burnished from division road a couple of days before. I am waiting for the delivery....
Cafe. Based on my experience the colour can vary between a brown to a black when new and slightly darker when used.

The espresso takes on a nice rich brown with use is what I understand.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

In general the natural welt is found on special makeups for retailers and lately, items in the outlet. It's pretty uncommon to find natural welt on any seasonal offerings and I don't think any from their core catalog have natural welt.

Regarding sales, if you're looking for something from the core catalog, check the various retailers around Black Friday/Christmas/post Christmas. Seasonal offerings/special makeups seem to follow the usual summer/winter sale pattern. The outlet randomly goes an extra 20% for many minor holidays. I'm in the US so British bank holidays are a mystery to me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads