• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

basu13

Reaction score
Just picked up this pair of Chestnut Stows (https://www.pediwear.co.uk/trickers/products/8698.php) - seems to be a Pediwear MTO special . Only a couple of limited sizes remaining, from what I could gather. 245 GPB without the VAT. Seemed like a great price for getting my first pair of Trickers, so pulled the trigger on this. The wait for delivery now begins!

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Suede Woodstock over crepe
E5E3B16A-00AC-4AEF-92BC-7AFD882BB794.jpeg

rob80bboots

Reaction score
Haven't added much to the roster this year but just took possession of my first pair of Bourton on a Commando sole.
Bourton.jpg

Now these are listed as a Antique Marron but the color is very different IMHO from my Paul Smith Stows I picked up a year ago, also in Antique Marron.
Bourton and PS Stow.jpg
Now the Smiths have received a few coats of Chestnut Marron cream but from memory haven't changed that much, could be mistaken though....:rolleyes:

Bourton Box
IMG_2523.jpg

Stow Box
IMG_2524.jpg

Last edited:

princealbert

Reaction score
Haven't added much to the roster this year but just took possession of my first pair of Bourton on a Commando sole.
View attachment 1642303
Now these are listed as a Antique Marron but the color is very different IMHO from my Paul Smith Stows I picked up a year ago, also in Antique Marron.
View attachment 1642301
Now the Smiths have received a few coats of Chestnut Marron cream but from memory haven't changed that much, could be mistaken though....:rolleyes:

Bourton Box
View attachment 1642304

Stow Box
View attachment 1642305

My PS stows were definitely a darker than another pair of Trickers that I own in marron as well. Having said that, your Bourtons do look an unusually light shade of marron. They look good though.

rob80bboots

Reaction score
Well known not to leave well enough alone ......and not a fan of the overly white stitching for the welt......

Before ..... a little uninspiring IMHO.....
before.jpg

My PS stows were definitely a darker than another pair of Trickers that I own in marron as well. Having said that, your Bourtons do look an unusually light shade of marron. They look good though.

.....and then a little bit of after dinner inspiration.....a few coats of Marron Chestnut cream and some burnishing, thicker darker laces.....now we're talking....lighter no more.:cool:
burnishing.jpg

Last edited:

basu13

Reaction score
Just picked up this pair of Chestnut Stows (https://www.pediwear.co.uk/trickers/products/8698.php) - seems to be a Pediwear MTO special . Only a couple of limited sizes remaining, from what I could gather. 245 GPB without the VAT. Seemed like a great price for getting my first pair of Trickers, so pulled the trigger on this. The wait for delivery now begins!

Just received shipping update. The package is now in my country straight from Pediwear UK, and awaiting customs clearance. Waiting to cry over the customs bill and then finally after that pain, hold my first pair of Trickers Stows in hand :p Wondering how the Chestnut shade would look, there seem to be a few shoes listed on the Trickers website with this colour (in the town shoes section). Like the colour as seen on those, so I am hoping it is the same rich reddish brown!

Quick question- which is a good online store to get boot laces in case I want to swap in a few later on the Stows (places with global shipping, specifically)?

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received shipping update. The package is now in my country straight from Pediwear UK, and awaiting customs clearance. Waiting to cry over the customs bill and then finally after that pain, hold my first pair of Trickers Stows in hand :p Wondering how the Chestnut shade would look, there seem to be a few shoes listed on the Trickers website with this colour (in the town shoes section). Like the colour as seen on those, so I am hoping it is the same rich reddish brown!

Quick question- which is a good online store to get boot laces in case I want to swap in a few later on the Stows (places with global shipping, specifically)?
Where are you getting them shipped to exactly? If you are in the EU then A Fine Pair of Shoes sells good options especially when they have sales on. Else if you have a good local footwear store they should definitely stock usable stuff.

I bought a few 3 mm woven laces and am quite satisfied thus far.

basu13

Reaction score
Where are you getting them shipped to exactly? If you are in the EU then A Fine Pair of Shoes sells good options especially when they have sales on. Else if you have a good local footwear store they should definitely stock usable stuff.

I bought a few 3 mm woven laces and am quite satisfied thus far.

Unfortunately, I am not in Europe. getting the Trickers shipped to India and we do not really have too many high quality shoe accessory options here. And since travel is cut off, no chance of visiting Europe this year either. Hence, will have to depend on global shipping for the time being, till international travel is permitted at least! Thanks for the link, will certainly check it out.

Also, in terms of shoe care, is the normal calf leather care routine (conditioner, cream polish and wax polish in the order) recommended for calf leather Stows?

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I am not in Europe. getting the Trickers shipped to India and we do not really have too many high quality shoe accessory options here. And since travel is cut off, no chance of visiting Europe this year either. Hence, will have to depend on global shipping for the time being, till international travel is permitted at least! Thanks for the link, will certainly check it out.

Also, in terms of shoe care, is the normal calf leather care routine (conditioner, cream polish and wax polish in the order) recommended for calf leather Stows?
Ah a fellow countryman, then. I’m curious to know if your experience with the customs clearance and import taxes actually. Never had stuff shipped into India yet. I wouldn’t worry though, the soles on these things are built to last years and if you only use them for dressed up occasions or tramping around in nature you won’t need a resole for 5 years or more at the least.

I have Stows in a few different leathers and for the most part Saphir conditioning cream has been my go to, else a cream based polish in colours that match the shoes.

basu13

Reaction score
Ah a fellow countryman, then. I’m curious to know if your experience with the customs clearance and import taxes actually. Never had stuff shipped into India yet. I wouldn’t worry though, the soles on these things are built to last years and if you only use them for dressed up occasions or tramping around in nature you won’t need a resole for 5 years or more at the least.

I have Stows in a few different leathers and for the most part Saphir conditioning cream has been my go to, else a cream based polish in colours that match the shoes.

Well, there will certainly be a stiff customs duty imposed, for sure. However, given that the Stows were priced at 245GBP, I was able to budget for that stiff tax. More importantly, I have been lusting after Stows for ages now, something about that massive welt/edge and pronounced welt stitching really does it for me (as it does for most other Trickers fans here, I presume!). When I saw the sale on Pediwear, I bid farewell to all resolutions and pulled the trigger haha. Truth be told, this is my first pair of really high quality expensive (for me) boots and I am not sure what to expect. I guess that is part of the fun of buying into a revered brand for the first time.

Thanks for the maintenance tips, Saphir is what I use otherwise and good to know it works well with Trickers. As for which colour to use, I will need to see the final chestnut colour before I can make any kind of decision on that!

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, there will certainly be a stiff customs duty imposed, for sure. However, given that the Stows were priced at 245GBP, I was able to budget for that stiff tax. More importantly, I have been lusting after Stows for ages now, something about that massive welt/edge and pronounced welt stitching really does it for me (as it does for most other Trickers fans here, I presume!). When I saw the sale on Pediwear, I bid farewell to all resolutions and pulled the trigger haha. Truth be told, this is my first pair of really high quality expensive (for me) boots and I am not sure what to expect. I guess that is part of the fun of buying into a revered brand for the first time.

Thanks for the maintenance tips, Saphir is what I use otherwise and good to know it works well with Trickers. As for which colour to use, I will need to see the final chestnut colour before I can make any kind of decision on that!

Great stuff. You won’t regret the choice. :)

Tax is around 30 percent these days? About the same as getting stuff into the EU I guess.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads