• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it best to go up half a size from your normal shoe size for the Stow ?

Some Trickers shoes/boots reduced at Woodhouse.

princealbert

Reaction score
Hey folks. New here. Was about to pull the trigger on some Iron Heart Int'l X Wesco in Burgundy and realised iv got way too many boots in Burgundy and haven't worn black shoes since school. Tell a lie. I did buy some double strap monks in black a long time ago.
Anyhow while searching for the said about boots I came across a video for the stow country boots in Acorn and I fell in love with the colour. Ordered my pair today.

Question for you folks on polishing or putting on any protection/cream..

Do you do this for new boots out of the box?

What cream or wax if any do you use for the acorns.

Any experience with Fawn shoe polish from their website?

Thanks. Really excited to get my first pair over the coming few days.

Stows in acorn are an excellent choice. Personally, I never polish them straight out of the box.
The fawn polish works fine - it’s intended for use on acorn.
Hope you enjoy them when they arrive.

BeeVee

Reaction score
Researching and looking to make my first Tricker's Stow purchase. How does the 4497S and W2298 last compare size/fit to Cheaney's 12508? I have found two pair at Division Road that I love. I have also looked at Herring, Shoe Healer, Robinson's and the Outlet for deals. Any other good sources that ship to the US?

The 4497S fit true for me, but the Cheaney 12508 I have in the same size get significant heel slippage. I'd recommend half a size down on the 12508 vs the 4497S.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I take same size in 12508, 4497, and 2298.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Lollipop cavalier Eatons.
PdEqWxMsQh2x6TTdvemQcQ.jpg

jszair

Reaction score
has anyone experienced unauthorized delivery address change when ordering from trickers.com?

Ordered a pair of Stow, was shipping out to my address in CA, but someone changed it to a TX address...I changed it back but oddly it requires 2 step passcode sent to my phone or email on file, which somehow wasn't necessary when the first change happened (otherwise I would have got the notification)...

Very odd experience...

jszair

Reaction score
has anyone experienced unauthorized delivery address change when ordering from trickers.com?

Ordered a pair of Stow, was shipping out to my address in CA, but someone changed it to a TX address...I changed it back but oddly it requires 2 step passcode sent to my phone or email on file, which somehow wasn't necessary when the first change happened (otherwise I would have got the notification)...

Very odd experience...

doh, mystery solved...I entered one wrong digit in phone number when ordering...some guy in Texas thought he could have a free gift to himself. no wonder I couldn't get the said passcode on my phoneo_O

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads