• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

princealbert

Reaction score
Have just received my Stows in Earth suede back from Shoehealer. I had the crepe sole replaced with a Vibram 2060 sole. Great work as usual.
06A48177-8C1C-459F-B496-C13962E53B40.jpeg
746E89B7-9756-496A-A7F5-0A2D0DDF692C.jpeg

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I’ve had them for years and although I quite liked the crepe soles they were surprisingly heavy. The vibram is much lighter.
The suede seems have held up very well. Got me curious to try a pair meself....

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Six months of use. Very happy with my first Trickers purchase. Caf'e Stow. Perhaps, the only change would be to opt for a Ridgeway sole versus this Dainite. I can't for the life of me understand why the C&J pairs I have on Dainite are just that much more comfy, but minor details in the end.

IMG_8081.jpg

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Six months of use. Very happy with my first Trickers purchase. Caf'e Stow. Perhaps, the only change would be to opt for a Ridgeway sole versus this Dainite. I can't for the life of me understand why the C&J pairs I have on Dainite are just that much more comfy, but minor details in the end.

View attachment 1608659
Ageing like a fine Indian diver...

Evergreen88

Reaction score
After a year without buying any shoes, quite unexpectedly I got my first pair of Tricker's. Is there a better way to start this journey than a pair of Bourton in acorn?

2021-05-13.jpg

I went for a first walk yesterday, they feel like absolute tanks, might take a while to break them in!

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wore my Bourtons today for a couple of mile walk, I’ve had them a few years and still wouldn’t say they are fully broken in and my heels would agree. I don’t wear mine enough TBH, but persevere with the process and you’ll get there

F1B06C0A-3F7C-48CC-A1BE-A2FBD9DAEC31.jpeg

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wore my Bourtons today for a couple of mile walk, I’ve had them a few years and still wouldn’t say they are fully broken in and my heels would agree. I don’t wear mine enough TBH, but persevere with the process and you’ll get there

View attachment 1609185

Have to agree with this. Mine can still give me a bit of grief after a few miles around the heel. Much better than when new though and I don’t wear them loads.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads