• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Drextech

Reaction score
This looks green but are they Oceania cordovan?
Cipresso shell cordovan. They appear quite dark
6A1D5DD5-9FE8-4D9B-9EBB-DF7B1FC60480.jpeg

Last edited:

Drextech

Reaction score
These are so gorgeous. I have a pair of blue or Oceania as Trickers calls it. I had to size up half and my break in was one of the most painful because the cordovan is so robust.
Yes here too. Got the Orange shell in normal size which is quite snug. Can only wear with thin socks.
The Cipresso I sized up 0.5 from normal Ethan 5402 size and 1 coming from Stow 4497.
It never pained but leather was hard as it’s very thick.
C35EB967-1A83-42B5-86DF-C08EFAA21794.jpeg

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question for those of you with 4497 boots in both a 5 and 6 width - do you take the same size in both or size up for the 5 width?

Last edited:

Drextech

Reaction score
Question for those of you with 4497 boots in both a 5 and 5 width - do you take the same size in both or size up for the 5 width?
I don’t know if got the question right. But the width I wear in Trickers is always 5 and even a 5 is comfortable for me. A width 6 would be too wide for me. My Ethan on 5402 are wifdth 5 too but I had to size up 0.5 or 1 for shells and my latest reverse kudu.

CZZ300

Reaction score
Yes here too. Got the Orange shell in normal size which is quite snug. Can only wear with thin socks.
The Cipresso I sized up 0.5 from normal Ethan 5402 size and 1 coming from Stow 4497.
It never pained but leather was hard as it’s very thick.
View attachment 1592744
I sized up half for the Monkey cordovan from 4497 and after breaking in I am ok. A full size up would be too roomy for me. Standard 5 width works just fine for me.
Actually I did try the calf version of Ethan and my normal size was too snug. i suppose if one needs to size down for Bourton one needs to size up for Ethan.

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t know if got the question right. But the width I wear in Trickers is always 5 and even a 5 is comfortable for me. A width 6 would be too wide for me. My Ethan on 5402 are wifdth 5 too but I had to size up 0.5 or 1 for shells and my latest reverse kudu.
That’s because there is a typo in my post! :oops:

It should read 5 and 6.

Drextech

Reaction score
That’s because there is a typo in my post! :oops:

It should read 5 and 6.
6 is too wide for me. I don’t wear this width. Also I’ve never seen a standard Ethan in width 6. The Stow in width 6 is a Malton I think, on 4497. But for wide feet the last 5402 could be very snug, for sure to need to size up 1 I would say. It even skip this last. Best to try in Jermyn Street ?
The calf version of Ethan I sized up 0.5 from 4497. The shell version even up 1 because of my toes. It’s comfortable, no heel slip. If there might be some more room after they are really broken in, then I still can place a leather inlay in them.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tricker's Horween bourbon shell cordovan on the left and recently acquired Alden color 8 chukka on the right. I was surprised how similar these boots are, both aesthetically and also fit.

if you had said they were the same boot in different colours I wouldn't have questioned it!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads