• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Slowback

Reaction score
Good ol’ coffee Stows. 15 hours on the feet and 10 miles of drunken woodland stumbling followed by campfire shenanigans. Just the job.
35BBEBC8-15E2-4646-8AC2-92A7A5EF1F0D.jpeg

Last edited:

Pedlar

Reaction score
Wow, they really are the dog's bollocks. Lovely boots.
Thanks, Munky. I’m quite happy with them. This was their third winter. They haven’t required a lot of care and I prefer how they look now to when they were new.

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful pair. I'm now coming round to the idea that the non-default calf pairs age in a less discrete way and I like that a bit more. I have the Cafe stow, albeit only a single winter now, and I'm hoping it shows some age in time. Perhaps the Acorn Stows are ones that will age nicely and show colour variation with more use.....

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful pair. I'm now coming round to the idea that the non-default calf pairs age in a less discrete way and I like that a bit more. I have the Cafe stow, albeit only a single winter now, and I'm hoping it shows some age in time. Perhaps the Acorn Stows are ones that will age nicely and show colour variation with more use.....

I find that my Acorn antique Bourtons age very slowly but I’m sure over a long time they’ll age very nicely.

Seems a good durable leather and seems to crease minimally.

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
'Albeit' is a good word for a Tuesday, Mr Spud. :)

rob80bboots

Reaction score
Deerskin Stow..
Still haven't decided on my Deerskin Sheene, while the boots IMHO look quite kick a@$% I find the leather, while very soft, a bit too pliable and supple and possibly a slight mismatch on a heavy robust sole. Even though the leather is touted as being rather strong the current thinner soles, as seen on these current Burford, may indeed be a better match for weight distribution.
burford deerskin.jpg

Drextech

Reaction score
Ugly carpet photo again - first wear of these bookbinders.
View attachment 1576535
Had these too, but worn much too less to keep those beauties. A more dressy appearance than to wear with selvedge and leather jacket. Would be nice to see how it is developing.
Still have my Stow in militaire bookbinder.

Attachments

• 178BC801-0EE5-4124-B817-8CD5F70AB090.jpeg
    178BC801-0EE5-4124-B817-8CD5F70AB090.jpeg
    327.9 KB · Views: 60

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still haven't decided on my Deerskin Sheene, while the boots IMHO look quite kick a@$% I find the leather, while very soft, a bit too pliable and supple and possibly a slight mismatch on a heavy robust sole. Even though the leather is touted as being rather strong the current thinner soles, as seen on these current Burford, may indeed be a better match for weight distribution.
View attachment 1588372
Oh, I agree with you about the soft material mismatching the sole. I have a black deer skin Stow on a vibram sole and quite love it because the light upper and the softer, lighter sole work well together. As for the leather, I'm now convinced it is actually quite tough even though it doesn't feel that way. I've taken mine for walks in parks and forests and it has come out unscathed... I do hear you have to be very careful about the products you use on deer skin though because certain polishes can ruin it.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
View attachment 1588372
The Stow I have are the lighter sole without mid. Was channelling you today on a nice one hour walk and my feet were pounding at the end. Memo to self, longer walks, comfier soles.

CZZ300

Reaction score
Had these too, but worn much too less to keep those beauties. A more dressy appearance than to wear with selvedge and leather jacket. Would be nice to see how it is developing.
Still have my Stow in militaire bookbinder.
Tricker's maintains its bookbinder is not corrected leather. I asked them about care and was told the occasional wax polish would keep the boots in good condition. Cream was not mentioned.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads