• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

WeatheredHide

Reaction score
Did you ever post any photos of the Color 8 Trickers on that thread? I'd love to see them.

@RogerKaputnik, here you go -- after about eight good wears -- with attempts at capturing them in sunlight, shade, and in between:

DSC04737_WEB.jpg

DSC04738_WEB.jpg

DSC04743_WEB.jpg

DSC04741_WEB.jpg

DSC04746_WEB.jpg

DSC04747_WEB.jpg

DSC04753_WEB.jpg

My love for Dublin started with a Coronado Leather backpack and sleeve portfolio made of this Horween hide. Even after only moderate use, Dublin leather is like inheriting an heirloom without the crumbling of age. For those of you not familiar with it, this is the Division Road × Tricker's Tramping Boot in Horween Color 8 Dublin.

Division Road said:
...The Tramping Boot is based on an officer’s battle dress style with a high quarter and curved peak counter over a wholecut upper that yields sleek lines in a durable and flexible style made for functional use in the outdoors...

I guess I should have guessed from the low-profile toe that it was unstructured or partially structured, but I didn't so it was a pleasant surprise to me. (Division Road says nothing about the toe of this makeup.) I never thought I'd like unstructured toes, but then I picked up a couple of unstructured-toe Viberg makeups and get the appeal.

If you're the type who likes only gentle rolls or a hide that maintains a glassier outward appearance, Dublin's not for you. Dublin is, again, for someone who wants the look of antique boots without the disrepair or deterioration. Of the many types of boots I like, that look is among them. This pair convinced me I need some Vibergs in Dublin, too, so I just ordered their Spice Dublin Service Boots the other day.

With respect to sizing, I own two Tricker's Stow makeups in 4497S, and this Tramping Boot (which is also 4997S) seems a touch more snug. My C-Shade Tan Stow is the roomiest, allowing me to wear either medium cushion or full cushion Darn Tough socks. My Burgundy Cross Hatch Stow is not quite as roomy -- with the full cushion Darn Toughs they're a bit too snug for me (but perfect with medium cushion). And this Tramping Boot is a touch more snug than the Cross Hatch. Based on my experience, I'd still recommend sizing the same as you normally do for Tricker's 4497S boots, but it might be a touch more close-fitting than you're used to from 4497S (if my experience is any indication).

Anyway, @RogerKaputnik, I hope these photos will do for now.

Last edited:

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score

CZZ300

Reaction score
Gentlemen, I know bookbinder is often frowned upon but this cocoa brown with the lighter coloured welt combination has a pleasing effect to my eyes and I have decided to keep them instead of returning them to Yoox. (But still not pleased with Yoox for sending me the wrong boots). With infrequent rotation ( as I'm sure is the case of most members here) I hope it would probably take a ltitle while before the bookbinder leather breaks down.
5D599DA0-3EC3-4B9A-97DB-F6FD2DDFB7B4.jpeg

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@RogerKaputnik, here you go -- after about eight good wears -- with attempts at capturing them in sunlight, shade, and in between:

View attachment 1564734

View attachment 1564732

View attachment 1564733

View attachment 1564735

View attachment 1564736

View attachment 1564737

View attachment 1564738

My love for Dublin started with a Coronado Leather backpack and sleeve portfolio made of this Horween hide. Even after only moderate use, Dublin leather is like inheriting an heirloom without the crumbling of age. For those of you not familiar with it, this is the Division Road × Tricker's Tramping Boot in Horween Color 8 Dublin.

I guess I should have guessed from the low-profile toe that it was unstructured or partially structured, but I didn't so it was a pleasant surprise to me. (Division Road says nothing about the toe of this makeup.) I never thought I'd like unstructured toes, but then I picked up a couple of unstructured-toe Viberg makeups and get the appeal.

If you're the type who likes only gentle rolls or a hide that maintains a glassier outward appearance, Dublin's not for you. Dublin is, again, for someone who wants the look of antique boots without the disrepair or deterioration. Of the many types of boots I like, that look is among them. This pair convinced me I need some Vibergs in Dublin, too, so I just ordered their Spice Dublin Service Boots the other day.

With respect to sizing, I own two Tricker's Stow makeups in 4497S, and this Tramping Boot (which is also 4997S) seems a touch more snug. My C-Shade Tan Stow is the roomiest, allowing me to wear either medium cushion or full cushion Darn Tough socks. My Burgundy Cross Hatch Stow is not quite as roomy -- with the full cushion Darn Toughs they're a bit too snug for me (but perfect with medium cushion). And this Tramping Boot is a touch more snug than the Cross Hatch. Based on my experience, I'd still recommend sizing the same as you normally do for Tricker's 4497S boots, but it might be a touch more close-fitting than you're used to from 4497S (if my experience is any indication).

Anyway, @RogerKaputnik, I hope these photos will do for now.
God that is GORGEOUS! And to think that I just bought my LAST pair of boots. :p

gh0sty

Reaction score
Was hoping someone could steer me in the right direction. Which stockists could host a GMTO for a Robert Shell Cordovan Derby? I believe Shoe Healer had done it in the past and I could possibly check with Miloh but any other stockists I should inquire with?

Alternatively, if any one saw one floating around in a 7.5/8 I'd greatly appreciate it.

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was hoping someone could steer me in the right direction. Which stockists could host a GMTO for a Robert Shell Cordovan Derby? I believe Shoe Healer had done it in the past and I could possibly check with Miloh but any other stockists I should inquire with?

Alternatively, if any one saw one floating around in a 7.5/8 I'd greatly appreciate it.
It would need to be a Bobby rather than a Robert as I understand it.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score

Shell and GMTO is slightly difficult as historically Trickers have asked the person or store submitting to supply the shell. You then take on the inherent risk of hide quality, volume produced from said hides etc. My experience of GMTO is it’s easier on stock leathers. Not to say it’s not possible or you can’t look to go the one off single order and source the cordovan yourself. Gives you a wide spectrum of tanneries and colours then.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
As much as I love Tricker's, I don't think it would be worth the money and effort for a GMTO cordovan Bobby depending upon what color you're after. For black or burgundy, I'd just go with Alden as the stock model closely resembles the Bobby. For colors like whiskey, cigar or ravello, yes they're available from Alden but acquiring one is problematic. C&J is a good choice for a brown/cigar color. They don't currently offer a stock plain toe shoe in cordovan but have in the past and also for Ralph Lauren. Carmina is also a good choice and they offer many horween colors. If you're looking for one of the more interesting Comipel colors, I think that could be a hard sell getting a group to agree although I have been on GMTOs for navy, teak and green.

You could also check the Tricker's japan shop. I think they had some cordovan models available last I checked.

C&J versus Bobby for reference.
Dark brown Horween cordovan Bobby arrived today.

View attachment 1518251

Compared with dark brown cordovan C&J for Ralph Lauren. The Bobbys have blind eyelets so a *totally* different look.
View attachment 1518253

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
May i ask what models are these ? What leather and where did you bought them ? Thanks.

Tricker’s Bourton in burnt sugar suede with a natural welt and commando sole.

I bought them from Shoehealer, but I don’t think they’ve ever been a stock model.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads