• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This explains the recent 10% price increase. No surprises that Brexit is to blame.
The daily mail comments section is always a reasonable and well balanced discussion

I can’t believe you made me read a DM article!

Sad that they have had to raise their prices, but given extra costs and CV19 shutdowns it’s probably necessary to keep trading.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Hi everybod,
end of suspense, here is dear friends what I received from Trickers following their instagram contest, as I said the last time I never believed it, but in the end it was verdict, since I m 'interested in quality shoes, my balance is positive at first ?
View attachment 1543225
View attachment 1543226 ô

I share this little gift with you - even if I really keep everything to myself ?- it's a bit thanks to some members here and on a French topic, like @MSAINT, @Crafty Cumbrian, @zippyh and others, who helped me during my first steps in my quest of shoes at trickers ??
Well done that man, pleased a member here won the comp and especially yourself sir as an enthusiast to our English boots and shoes.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This explains the recent 10% price increase. No surprises that Brexit is to blame.
The daily mail comments section is always a reasonable and well balanced discussion
Man, that's a shame. I have seen some increases already with other Tricker's retailers. :(

Canadianguy

Reaction score
Hi everybod,
end of suspense, here is dear friends what I received from Trickers following their instagram contest, as I said the last time I never believed it, but in the end it was verdict, since I m 'interested in quality shoes, my balance is positive at first ?
View attachment 1543225
View attachment 1543226 ô

I share this little gift with you - even if I really keep everything to myself ?- it's a bit thanks to some members here and on a French topic, like @MSAINT, @Crafty Cumbrian, @zippyh and others, who helped me during my first steps in my quest of shoes at trickers ??

Wow! What leather are those Bourtons? I think they look great.

leparrain7

Reaction score
Wow! What leather are those Bourtons? I think they look great.
here is another shoe in MC leather, although my bourton are newer, but my Axtons score a lot more, I do not know if it is related to this beautiful leather which is both thick and soft? maybe @zippyh and @Crafty Cumbrian give us more info, or last 2298 about the shape of my feet?
717DA014-25EA-4874-8307-BB0B1CAB6A71.jpeg

37F8C1A8-214A-48AF-ABC3-91BEA692906C.jpeg

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
he he just saw that on Reuters

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Did you notice that the DM had pretty much taken it word for word from the Reuters release? Lazy journalism. ?

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
here is another shoe in MC leather, although my bourton are newer, but my Axtons score a lot more, I do not know if it is related to this beautiful leather which is both thick and soft? maybe @zippyh and @Crafty Cumbrian give us more info, or last 2298 about the shape of my feet?
View attachment 1544016
View attachment 1544017
I think the idea with Manchester cowhide is it’s a slightly thicker leather and can have scars and scratches in the hide which aren’t faults. I researched it a few years back. Naster brown comes in regular calf and Mc, will state on box or listing which it is. They do a gold MC too which is beautiful.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Navy and green MC Bourtons and Stows currently available too.

leparrain7

Reaction score

very good article, we are really touched by the brexit as european customers, the carriers abuse the situation, i ordered derbies from cheaney, but dhl charged me double taxes, in principle i have refused the parcel.
I think the idea with Manchester cowhide is it’s a slightly thicker leather and can have scars and scratches in the hide which aren’t faults. I researched it a few years back. Naster brown comes in regular calf and Mc, will state on box or listing which it is. They do a gold MC too which is beautiful.
thank you for this explanation, yes I know it's not a fault, I just compare the difference between the Axton and the Bourton in MC ??
Navy and green MC Bourtons and Stows currently available too.
I saw some stow burgundy on instagram, it is certainly MC leather, They are beautiful ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads