• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Kiwijohn

Reaction score
I think you are right about supporting small businesses. I have found it interesting to work with Jadd of Jadd shoes. As he makes his shoes from the ground up and each pair to order, he is very accommodating about making changes. For me, he has made the facings wider apart - something I have had problems with for years. With most of my shoes, the facings either meet or try to overlap each other. Also, Jadd uses high quality leather and his sewing and finishing are top notch. A really nice guy and a very skilled one.
Some nice styles on his site. How would you say the overall quality compares to Trickers?. I just got myself a pair of Trickers Aldo chukkas in the sale and the leather is very thick.

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some nice styles on his site. How would you say the overall quality compares to Trickers?. I just got myself a pair of Trickers Aldo chukkas in the sale and the leather is very thick.
I have seen the Aldo's on the Tricker site but not in the flesh. Comparing the two makes on the net, I would say that Jadd's shoes hold up well against the Aldo's in this particular style. He always looks for thick leathers and his work is pretty much faultless. If I was to name my three favourite shoes in my collection it would be my Bourton Kudu's and two pairs of my Jadd desert/chukka boots! I was tempted by the Aldo's, though and I think you have got yourself some great shoes.

Olderfellow

Reaction score
Slightly off topic, but considering a pair of Rannoch boots (not quite yet, I’ve just bought a pair of loafers today) and I know a few of you have them. I was wondering about sizing.

I take the same size in Rannoch and Trickers. I don't size up or down. Works for me.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tricker's Leo in Kudu suede, is nice to see how suede behaves under different lighting:

IMG_6906.JPG

IMG_6893.JPG

IMG_0620.JPG
IMG_0621.JPG

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Slightly off topic, but considering a pair of Rannoch boots (not quite yet, I’ve just bought a pair of loafers today) and I know a few of you have them. I was wondering about sizing. I’m a 7.5 in 4444 & 4497 6 width, and an 8 in most other things - Trickers, EG, C&J etc, would I be a 7.5 or an 8 in the Rannoch boots, in your experience?

I had Rannoch’s in the same size as my Stows and they were more generous in the toe box. My Bourton’s are half a size smaller but I would imagine 4444 is similar fit to Rannoch in equivalent size.

zikarus

Reaction score
I’d go same size as 4444. I’m 8.5 and fit perfect in that and 4444, 9 in everything else.
Interesting, not so much concerning the Tricker's sizes (which I use to order in the same manner (4444/4497 fit 6=9; other 9.5)) but concerning your RMW sizing, as I might stick to a 9 but fit H in that respect (instead of the half size up to the 4444 which you seem to like best)...

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Interesting, not so much concerning the Tricker's sizes (which I use to order in the same manner (4444/4497 fit 6=9; other 9.5)) but concerning your RMW sizing, as I might stick to a 9 but fit H in that respect (instead of the half size up to the 4444 which you seem to like best)...
H fitting are better if you’re used to Trickers widths. I can wear the G but prefer the H.

CZZ300

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know about these black cordovans? They are apparently a make for Superdenim some years ago. These are for sale on a used product platform and I think they look superb.
DD12EF56-7838-4698-AD04-185634C4C0BA.jpeg
8E3656FB-04E3-4F53-8D31-A06F6B3D9407.jpeg

P.S. I do not own these photos which belong to the present owners of the boots..

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Years ago SuperDenim had several colors of those cap toe boots. They used Comipel cordovan. They’re great.

killer121

Reaction score
They have just updated their outlet with some stow and Bourton if you are looking for those.

dratty

Reaction score
This explains the recent 10% price increase. No surprises that Brexit is to blame.
The daily mail comments section is always a reasonable and well balanced discussion

leparrain7

Reaction score
Hi everybod,
end of suspense, here is dear friends what I received from Trickers following their instagram contest, as I said the last time I never believed it, but in the end it was verdict, since I m 'interested in quality shoes, my balance is positive at first ?
1D0225E4-AD77-4397-A83F-9DBBBB82FD54.jpeg

99427D01-C182-44F0-A2E2-290B72141E83.jpeg
ô

I share this little gift with you - even if I really keep everything to myself ?- it's a bit thanks to some members here and on a French topic, like @MSAINT, @Crafty Cumbrian, @zippyh and others, who helped me during my first steps in my quest of shoes at trickers ??

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads