• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
I just recently got into Trickers and I am really loving my acorn stows. I really want a nice pair of burgundy boots and while browsing instagram, I found this hatch grain pair. IMO this is one of the best looking burgundy boots I have seen until now @Crafty Cumbrian
View attachment 1508626
Nice those, I got the Bourton in the burgundy hatch.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Green is gone...
DB554F83-BC2A-4AC5-B0D5-454BF1FBF634.jpeg

LippyLee

Reaction score
Beautiful boots!
Could I ask for a few details of these, named colour and model, where to purchase. Can’t see them on Trickers website. They look lovely leather and a great colour and style. I could break my abstention from further purchases for these. If you got them below rrp you got a bargain in my opinion ?

leparrain7

Reaction score
For sure. This style of shoes have been around long before popular denim.

Instagram is Instagram, no more, no less.
yes sir that's exactly it ??
2B111674-3B16-481B-8007-CB5930D754BD.jpeg

new arrival ?
I didn't manage to catch Robert or Woodstock so I took these Bourton Burgundy, I thought it was on a Dainite sole but the surprise is that they are on a commando sole, but ultimately it's a nice surprise because I like them a lot, the color is just beautiful ?
I think I prefer the leather, commando, Ridgeway soles rather than the Dainite sole.
F31BC20E-FFCE-40E6-BE04-3B56F1BEA742.jpeg

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Could I ask for a few details of these, named colour and model, where to purchase. Can’t see them on Trickers website. They look lovely leather and a great colour and style. I could break my abstention from further purchases for these. If you got them below rrp you got a bargain in my opinion ?
The ones he liked are coffee burnished calf Eatons from an older group mto.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yes sir that's exactly it ??
View attachment 1508858
new arrival ?
I didn't manage to catch Robert or Woodstock so I took these Bourton Burgundy, I thought it was on a Dainite sole but the surprise is that they are on a commando sole, but ultimately it's a nice surprise because I like them a lot, the color is just beautiful ?
I think I prefer the leather, commando, Ridgeway soles rather than the Dainite sole.
View attachment 1508857

I have some burgundy Stow which are 4 years old. The leather is ageing very nicely.

mine are on commando sole with natural welt but the welt has darkened to a deep brown which I like.

leparrain7

Reaction score
I have some burgundy Stow which are 4 years old. The leather is ageing very nicely.

mine are on commando sole with natural welt but the welt has darkened to a deep brown which I like.
yes at the beginning the contrast of the burgundy against the natural welt must be strong, but once they darken it's just beautiful ? do you have a picture handy?

rob80bboots

Reaction score
new arrival ?
I didn't manage to catch Robert or Woodstock so I took these Bourton Burgundy, ...............

Good catch....I'm keeping an eye open for one in black....was one on the sale but with a leather sole...by the time I decided they were gone.
How's the fit and did you size down?

leparrain7

Reaction score
Good catch....I'm keeping an eye open for one in black....was one on the sale but with a leather sole...by the time I decided they were gone.
How's the fit and did you size down?
no I decided to take the same size in Bourton on purpose to put on orthopedic insoles. without these soles, I am very comfortable in width and above all I have more space in front than on the w2298

leparrain7

Reaction score
on the other hand, the magic of handcrafted shoes means that you never have the same thing every time. the between the two Bourtons, the burgundy seems shorter than the Marron, the shoe trees 9 has difficulty entering it, I don't know if it is related to the commando sole ?
5C0CBC21-45A5-4D15-AFBE-4C4DE732B3CC.jpeg

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
on the other hand, the magic of handcrafted shoes means that you never have the same thing every time. the between the two Bourtons, the burgundy seems shorter than the Marron, the shoe trees 9 has difficulty entering it, I don't know if it is related to the commando sole ?
View attachment 1508957
Burgundy MC looks stunning. Nice and soft too.

rob80bboots

Reaction score
Green is gone...

....and I was hoping to say "in with the blue" today but DHL charged me 18% duty on top of the taxes and service charges when UK made and sourced shoes/boots to Canada are still duty free as they were under the CETA agreement....so refused delivery until they sort out the paperwork....hopefully : (

...make that Navy blue and they should look like these but on Commando not Vibram.
trickers-online-boots-henry-commando-brogued-suede-boots-00000088912f00s012.jpg

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
....and I was hoping to say "in with the blue" today but DHL charged me 18% duty on top of the taxes and service charges when UK made and sourced shoes/boots to Canada are still duty free as they were under the CETA agreement....so refused delivery until they sort out the paperwork....hopefully : (

...make that Navy blue and they should look like these but on Commando not Vibram.
View attachment 1508965
Be a nice pair mate I think. I’d see if local cobbler can lighten the leather mid to an antique finish, that’s what o would have done with em.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads