• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

leparrain7

Reaction score
TBH they are good for all traditional country/tweed looks. They are heavyweight country shoes at heart.

Full look today, btw the trousers are chords, not velvet.

View attachment 1508050
I know these are heavy country shoes but what I meant is this doesn't mean to be exclusively worn with jeans, right?
we see that on instagram.
in France this fabric is called velor trousers.
in any case very nice outfit, a country chic ?

princealbert

Reaction score
If other Newbies like myself haven't done so....it's fun and educational to go back and see what was brewing on the Tricker's thread 10 years ago or so....some real gems to found ;)

Nov 29, 2010

View attachment 1508175

Those are one of the MTOs from the Bureau Belfast, they’ve done some great collaborations with Tricker’s over the years.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Those are one of the MTOs from the Bureau Belfast, they’ve done some great collaborations with Tricker’s over the years.
Some great old mto makeups via Bureau and Shoe Healer. I’ve a pair of the coffee Eatons...
Hopefully next year we can continue the recent trend and get some interesting stuff again.

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Bourton, Winter Smoke, grey suedes arrived today and very nice they are too. But what can you wear them with? Navy, black, or grey jeans? Or any of the above? I prefer navy jeans most of all. I only wear casual clothes these days, so would welcome any help here...Thanks and best wishes, Munky.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
My Bourton, Winter Smoke, grey suedes arrived today and very nice they are too. But what can you wear them with? Navy, black, or grey jeans? Or any of the above? I prefer navy jeans most of all. I only wear casual clothes these days, so would welcome any help here...Thanks and best wishes, Munky.
All the above and same colour of cords too. As an aside Uniqlo have some nice slim fit cords in at the minute with elastic waste which I’m finding post op to be very comfortable and nice colours. They fit a little large so I dropped a size lower than predicted.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
That’s crazy they weren’t more popular. The hatch grain makeup were awesome though.
Agree. I got a Bourton which isn’t worn as much as should be, was a sample stow last week but alas half size out! Someone got a great buy.

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All the above and same colour of cords too. As an aside Uniqlo have some nice slim fit cords in at the minute with elastic waste which I’m finding post op to be very comfortable and nice colours. They fit a little large so I dropped a size lower than predicted.
Thanks, Crafty, that's really helpful. I have jeans in all those colours and some tan and some navy cords, which should be ok too. Uniglo is a favourite of mine and I will certainly look at their cords. I noticed that these Bourton's are a lighter build than the more traditional ones. Hope you are recovering well. Thanks and best wishes, M.

LippyLee

Reaction score
n0Y25.jpg

Hj2Cw.jpg

Just picked these up from Tonio028, thanks again, bud!
Beautiful boots!

monkey66

Reaction score
I know these are heavy country shoes but what I meant is this doesn't mean to be exclusively worn with jeans, right?
we see that on instagram.
in France this fabric is called velor trousers.
in any case very nice outfit, a country chic ?
For sure. This style of shoes have been around long before popular denim.

Instagram is Instagram, no more, no less.

jayvee

Reaction score
I just recently got into Trickers and I am really loving my acorn stows. I really want a nice burgundy boot and while browsing instagram, I found this hatch grain pair. IMO this is one of the best looking burgundy boots I have seen until now @Crafty Cumbrian
View attachment 1508626

Those are great ? if they come back on commando or ridgeway I’ll bite.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics