• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
As will my green Bourton and Stow. Had the white eyelets taken off the Bourton for brass and green off the stow for brass and speed hooks...

767E58F1-1BBF-4610-B431-2732FE49282F.jpeg

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Can you indulge my OCD for a moment, please? Is it OK to wear my ordered grey Repello suede Bourton's in the winter and/or in the rain? I know the suede is treated with Scotchguard. Is it a good idea to still keep topping it up with some sort of waterproofing spray? Many thanks, Munky.
The idea is it’s scotchguarded as part of the tanning. As @zippyh says probably wise to protect on top. I don’t actively seek wet weather with suedes to be fair but winter is an ideal season for suede. It has a warming aesthetic and seems to go well with winter wardrobes. We get more frost and cold than wet weather so I say enjoy them sir!

rob80bboots

Reaction score
Speaking of Henry...

I decided the green weren’t for me so they’re mid way through a JR and Brass Plate refurb..
View attachment 1507678
Like what they've done with the heels by making the second layer rubber, sadly as I've reported before, in no short order my leather soled Espresso Burfords have the initial rubber stack already worn away.
The new Black Bulfords have a Dainite so should require less maintenance, although I do prefer the feel of leather underfoot.

monkey66

Reaction score

Can you indulge my OCD for a moment, please? Is it OK to wear my ordered grey Repello suede Bourton's in the winter and/or in the rain? I know the suede is treated with Scotchguard. Is it a good idea to still keep topping it up with some sort of waterproofing spray? Many thanks, Munky.

I shampoo and spray (Saphir) once a year and my Bourtons are still looking great 4 years later. I don't go looking for rain/snow but I wear them all year round.

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I shampoo and spray (Saphir) once a year and my Bourtons are still looking great 4 years later. I don't go looking for rain/snow but I wear them all year round.

They are the ones I am getting, only in grey. They look really good, thank you. Thanks, too, for the note about cleaning. M.

monkey66

Reaction score
it goes very well with your socks and those beautiful velvet pants, it makes me happy to see Bourton worn with something other than selvage jeans, it looks like these shoes were made exclusively to be worn with jeans!! ?
what do you think folks?

TBH they are good for all traditional country/tweed looks. They are heavyweight country shoes at heart.

Full look today, btw the trousers are cords, not velvet. Clearer in the original shoe photo.

2020-12-01 09.47.06 copy.jpg

Last edited:

Morph

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the trickers m5633 last fits true to size or is it like the 4444 and you should size down half a size?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the trickers m5633 last fits true to size or is it like the 4444 and you should size down half a size?
M5633 is a style number not a last. It’s the Bourton which is on 4444.

Morph

Reaction score
Thanks, explains why that pair of trickers feels a little larger than my other pairs. Bought them from their ebay shop a while back.

rob80bboots

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads