• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
...not to mention icy sidewalks...:uhoh:

I had contemplated getting the black Burford on the Vibram Vi-lite sole which fair way better with wet and wintry conditions....
View attachment 1506717

...but just recently got the Cheaney Trafalgar for that exact reason.
View attachment 1506718
In my experience, the Vibram soles work really well. The dreadnoughts of soles are probably the Commandos. They are a bit heavy but I have them on a pair of Navy MTO Bourton's and they are comfortable and non-slip. You need a Swiss Army Knife, though, to dig the boulders out before you come in the house. My latest pair of shoes have the Vibram soles, you show above and they are excellent.

Kiwijohn

Reaction score
In my experience, the Vibram soles work really well. The dreadnoughts of soles are probably the Commandos. They are a bit heavy but I have them on a pair of Navy MTO Bourton's and they are comfortable and non-slip. You need a Swiss Army Knife, though, to dig the boulders out before you come in the house. My latest pair of shoes have the Vibram soles, you show above and they are excellent.
Nice. Not a fan of Danites as I find them hard and slippery. Unfortunately not many alternatives on the sample sale in my size otherwise i would‘ve snapped a pair up.
will have to settle for a pair of slippers instead. ?

rob80bboots

Reaction score
.............The dreadnoughts of soles are probably the Commandos. ...........You need a Swiss Army Knife, though, to dig the boulders out before you come in the house. .....

So I'm finding...have them on my Sheene boots and Daniel Derby shoes.....:wow:

Last edited:

rob80bboots

Reaction score
Nice. Not a fan of Danites as I find them hard and slippery..........
will have to settle for a pair of slippers instead. ?

I would think slippers would have zero traction......:satisfied:

But if one insisted I believe there are quite a few pairs still available.....:rolleyes2:
Trickers slippers.png

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Looking for a new pair of PTBs and loving the look of the Robert, particular in this style configuration with the contrasting natural midsole. Other than Miloh Shop's version in black cordovan, haven't seen anything similar. Any other shops I'm missing? If not, I'll just keep an eye out on resell websites.
Check Yoox

I got a suede pair for £98 on Friday! Insane.

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems like I might have to skip taking up one pair of the Crafty Caramel Kudu Eaton because of life etc etc. Before I ask ShoeHealer, anyone on here fancy taking my spot for the pair? I am UK size 10. GBP 100 to me and balance to ShoeHealer once MTO is complete in March.

rob80bboots

Reaction score
One problem I have with Dainite soles is that they can be a bit slippery on the 'marble' floors .....
:cry:..Think I'd know better......almost went for a loop just now after mopping a back hallway .....fine when it's dry.
B9.jpg
....guess that's what happens when one wears the same boots 2 days in a row.:butbut:

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score
I went to check out my only trickers stockist here in LA. And was sized as a 6.5UK unfortunately they did not have the stow in my size but just want to share that they have 40% off their current stock with code DENIM40

Definitely worth checking out. I went in to see the C-shade color but think I’m going to get the expresso instead

0C973E18-A653-4F50-8363-04450472F6F0.jpeg

70601905-F46F-4385-9D26-72468701EB30.jpeg

Last edited:

adrs1157

Reaction score
I've worn dozens of hats ....but yep, currently have a "specialty" cheese shop....It's a tiny little thing but keeps me occupied during retirement and especially during this current situation...luckily classified as "groceries" so have been fortunate, blessed to be open during periods of lockdown...but only admit one masked marauder at a time.

Needless to say what will be worn on the shop floor today. ;)
View attachment 1506260
You own a cheese shop in Toronto? Do tell!

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I doubt I’ll get a pair. Not my style really, thank god. ?
Exactly. I'd have to have money to burn to even consider a pair like that, and given how it looks I'd rather just burn my money. :p

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads