• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
Uniglo. They make incredible socks at hardly any cost at all. They often have a very wide range of colours and patterns but equally often run out of most of them. Worth having a look at though.

Haha it's true! They do have some pretty nice socks in their thicker model. Wish they had smaller sizes though. Mostly I wear these and Chups.

CZZ300

Reaction score
The Gladstones from sample sale have arrived. Beautiful leather with closed stitching. Happy to see that the bookbinder leather is not quite like the plasticky coated leather of Church’s.

Attachments

• F4CA8E26-9FF1-434D-9666-85B6C41BCE71.jpeg
    F4CA8E26-9FF1-434D-9666-85B6C41BCE71.jpeg
    216.6 KB · Views: 69
  • BF842EC4-4D12-4455-80DF-F5FBECA1F02E.jpeg
    BF842EC4-4D12-4455-80DF-F5FBECA1F02E.jpeg
    227.7 KB · Views: 69

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Gladstones from sample sale have arrived. Beautiful leather with closed stitching. Happy to see that the bookbinder leather is not quite like the plasticky coated leather of Church’s.

Finally! Somebody who actually owns a pair of Bookbinder shoes. Please wear these frequently & keep us updated about how they wear.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I have a pair of Cafe Burnished Stows that get heavy use. I wanted the shoes to be able to show the wear over time and was wondering if anyone on here only uses a neutral polish or cream versus brown, and how the leather ages wrt colour developing.

Also what cream or polish? Anyone use Cobbler's Choice or Venetian Shoe Cream etc?
If you’d like to keep how the leather ages, then maybe Bick 4 only will suffice. I haven’t had any experience w vsc, but I think it slightly darkens the leather. Bick only conditions the leather and won’t alter the appearance. I don’t like shine, so I can’t comment on that aspect. Vsc does add shine, so maybe vsc can be your staple product?

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you’d like to keep how the leather ages, then maybe Bick 4 only will suffice. I haven’t had any experience w vsc, but I think it slightly darkens the leather. Bick only conditions the leather and won’t alter the appearance. I don’t like shine, so I can’t comment on that aspect. Vsc does add shine, so maybe vsc can be your staple product?
Sounds good. Will save this. I don't mind a bit of shine once in a while but I want the leather to show some natural progression as well. At this point though it's just about finding decent product that I can use on the shoes. Guess neutral polish and Bick 4 will be alright. Anything that helps soften it a little also would be nice.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds good. Will save this. I don't mind a bit of shine once in a while but I want the leather to show some natural progression as well. At this point though it's just about finding decent product that I can use on the shoes. Guess neutral polish and Bick 4 will be alright. Anything that helps soften it a little also would be nice.
Like all things in this hobby, I’ve come to realize shoe care is all preferential, dependent on the result one likes to see out of a particular shoe/boot.

I used to obsess over shoe care products.

Last edited:

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like all these in this hobby, I’ve come to realize shoe care is all preferential, dependent on the result one likes to see out of a particular shoe/boot.

That made me smile: "I used to obsess over shoe care products". Like a lot of people with this obsessive hobby, I have two shoe boxes fully of half or three quarter full jars of polishes, creams and just about everything else. I have now cut it down to two products: Saphir neutral cream and (a newish products) Chambers Leather Balsam. The latter is made only of beeswax, coconut oil, jojoba and a drop of orange extract. It does the job very well on just about all leathers. Best wishes, Munky.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Anonymous Ism tend towards being thicc.

I’ve tried VSC but I didn’t really like how it worked on cordovan. It gave a nice shine initially but seemed to dull quite quickly. Seemed okay with other leathers though. I’ve been using Lexol conditioner since. Keeps the leathers from feeling dry and doesn’t have the dulling effect. Less chemical smell too.

rob80bboots

Reaction score
Just a follow up and not to hijack the Trickers tread.....

....decided on a classic brown Derby......but from Cheaney. :redface:
View attachment 1501804
Good choice! Have to say I prefer the Cheaney

Both beautiful shoes IMHO.

Cheaney Ascot ....... Trickers Daniel
Acsot and Daniel.jpg

both with descent soles for the winter...or anytime for that matter. ;)
Acsot and Daniel 2.jpg

Last edited:

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like all these in this hobby, I’ve come to realize shoe care is all preferential, dependent on the result one likes to see out of a particular shoe/boot.

That made me smile: "I used to obsess over shoe care products". Like a lot of people with this obsessive hobby, I have two shoe boxes fully of half or three quarter full jars of polishes, creams and just about everything else. I have now cut it down to two products: Saphir neutral cream and (a newish products) Chambers Leather Balsam. The latter is made only of beeswax, coconut oil, jojoba and a drop of orange extract. It does the job very well on just about all leathers. Best wishes, Munky.

Exactly this. I don't want more ****. :p Just less stuff that works well. The Good Lord knows I have way too much footwear already. ;-)

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here own Keswick or the Malton boots in the C-Shade? Would they mind posting up some pictures and commenting on the fit? I believe they are 6 fit. Are these styles basically the Bourton / Stow on the commando sole or are there more discernible differences?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads