• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
May be worth changing last. Bourton generally on 4444. I find half down from 4497s gives a perfect fit, no heel slip. 4497s fits me well but with an element of slip, not enough to change sizes. 2298 I find a little too narrow but I can wear TTS as well.
Rare, but retailers do occasionally alter lasts on Bourton. Division Road for example does them on 2298.

Thanks for that, I appreciate it. M.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I think with double soles on shoes you get a certain amount of heel slip for a long while after you first get them.
Bourtons seem extra plank like but I've had 4497 Woodstocks that took a while.

But it does seem like 10 years would be enough to break them in though.

Burgundy MC over commando today.
Vrubj5pdQei8sBmPmxpheg.jpg

Pedlar

Reaction score
Does anyone have a pair of solid leather soled Bourtons that don't have any heel slippage at all? My oldest pair is 10 years old and they still move a bit at the back. I buy Tricker's half a size down from my normal one. I have tried all the insoles, heel grips, shoe triggers, fast forwarding spruce cutters, marble anchors and so on. :confused: With best wishes and thanks, Munky.
Sorry to hear about the persistent slip, Munky.

For me, the thing with Bourtons and heel slip is just wearing thick enough socks and lacing them snugly. I have a pair on double leather and another on Dainite and they are the same in this regard — it sounds pretty basic, but it’s much more of a factor than with any of my other shoes.

I have thought about gluing in a suede strip around the heel to see if that changes anything. But it sounds like you’re well past that point! Spruce cutters and marble anchors !

Bourton on 2298 is something I’d like to try someday.

Last edited:

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I have a pair of Cafe Burnished Stows that get heavy use. I wanted the shoes to be able to show the wear over time and was wondering if anyone on here only uses a neutral polish or cream versus brown, and how the leather ages wrt colour developing.

Also what cream or polish? Anyone use Cobbler's Choice or Venetian Shoe Cream etc?

rob80bboots

Reaction score
A few new "SAMPLE" selections on the Outlet.....really don't need them, but just grabbed a pair of Burford in black on a Dainite, guess it saves my all leather Brown ones for fairer drier weather....well at least that's my justification. :redface:...and made up for missing the Bishop. :cool:

Last edited:

rob80bboots

Reaction score
I just NEED more of this in my life....

We all do! :smile:
Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 12.08.33 PM.png
....now....I'm assuming Country as in Country Music! : )

Last edited:

konstantis

Reaction score
May I ask the members what socks they prefer to wear with their trickers country shoes ? Thanks

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
May I ask the members what socks they prefer to wear with their trickers country shoes ? Thanks
Uniglo. They make incredible socks at hardly any cost at all. They often have a very wide range of colours and patterns but equally often run out of most of them. Worth having a look at though.

konstantis

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads