• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Lollipop for pre-dawn trip to the mermaid logo coffee shop.
y_C9uO0HT3iyiCvPcW8PIA.jpg

FondDeJante

Reaction score
Pondering some NOS vintage Trickers - but does anyone know if they deteriorate over time when not in use? Assuming that they are stored in temperate conditions that is.

I've heard about sneakerheads unboxing old deadstock Nikes only for them to start falling apart when used.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Pondering some NOS vintage Trickers - but does anyone know if they deteriorate over time when not in use? Assuming that they are stored in temperate conditions that is.

I've heard about sneakerheads unboxing old deadstock Nikes only for them to start falling apart when used.
Think they’ll be fine mate. Each will be different of course. Pair I had and re sold (not soled) had metal heel taps though!

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick question as I’m on the verge of buying some of my first bourton on the 4444 last. Is it safe to say if I fit comfortably in 11D barrrie, 10uk would be about right? I have a pretty standard width and 11D fits comfortably snug,.

krspdla

Reaction score
Quick question as I’m on the verge of buying some of my first bourton on the 4444 last. Is it safe to say if I fit comfortably in 11D barrrie, 10uk would be about right? I have a pretty standard width and 11D fits comfortably snug,.

I'm 10D Brannock, 9.5D Barrie, and 8.5 UK (fitting 5) for 4444 last. 10UK would probably be a good place to start for 4444.

krspdla

Reaction score

Was never much of a sneakerhead but I recall reading that the foam used in the midsole of older sneakers was what would crumble first. Tricker's soles are leather and rubber so you should be good. If the uppers feel dry I'd give them a good conditioning prior to wearing to be sure.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For sale items this one was on my shortlist from Matchfashion...an odd looking and quite different from most Trickers I see here but I had a similar looking pair from Clarks, a Wallabee something or other back in the 70s or 80s ???....still a few left.
View attachment 1501802
....decided on a classic brown Derby......but from Cheaney. :redface:
View attachment 1501804

Good choice! Have to say I prefer the Cheaney

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Boom bought double leather sole bourtons in black on black. I cant wait to get them, I've been eyeing some for a while and I didn't even know they were gonna have a virtual sample sale. I'm supposed to be saving money but here I am once more haha

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a pair of solid leather soled Bourtons that don't have any heel slippage at all? My oldest pair is 10 years old and they still move a bit at the back. I buy Tricker's half a size down from my normal one. I have tried all the insoles, heel grips, shoe triggers, fast forwarding spruce cutters, marble anchors and so on. :confused: With best wishes and thanks, Munky.

Last edited:

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Does anyone have a pair of solid leather soled Bourtons that don't have any heel slippage at all? My oldest pair is 10 years old and they still move a bit at the back. I buy Tricker's half a size down from my normal one. I have tried all the insoles, heel grips, shoe triggers, fast forwarding spruce cutters, marble anchors and so on. :confused: With best wishes and thanks, Munky.
May be worth changing last. Bourton generally on 4444. I find half down from 4497s gives a perfect fit, no heel slip. 4497s fits me well but with an element of slip, not enough to change sizes. 2298 I find a little too narrow but I can wear TTS as well.
Rare, but retailers do occasionally alter lasts on Bourton. Division Road for example does them on 2298.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads