• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Had been debating these last night but waited too long and my size is gone.

But it brings up a question. Anyone have a good solution for cleaning up the edges that look like these?
I've tried conditioner and various neutral waxes and nothing really works very well to take off the white oxidation like stuff on the rubber bits Anyone have a suggestion before I start trying some harsher stuff?

2015-03-25_02.24.09.jpg

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Had been debating these last night but waited too long and my size is gone.

But it brings up a question. Anyone have a good solution for cleaning up the edges that look like these?
I've tried conditioner and various neutral waxes and nothing really works very well to take off the white oxidation like stuff on the rubber bits Anyone have a suggestion before I start trying some harsher stuff?

2015-03-25_02.24.09.jpg
Mine has a bit of that, must be some
Reaction to rubber and air I presume..
On their Insta they had a lady showing how to clean white ones with I think spirit alcohol...

otacon

Reaction score
I have some Stows in tan Elan Vielero grain leather and recently spilled some hand sanitizer on them. Resulted in a white spot the night of. Conditioning with Lexol brought some color back. But the hand sanitizer clearly affected the finish.

I think the hand sanitizer was 70-80% and mixed with glycerin (not really a gel).

The finish is so affected that the leather feels rough, and it absorbs more conditioner than the surrounding areas. I'm not really concerned with how it looks; I'm worried the dry leather is going to cause issues or scrape too easily (or absorb too much water...)

Is there anything I can do to protect that spot? I haven't been able to find much info on this leather, whether it's veg or chrome tanned. I haven't even seen these for sale outside of the auction I bought them in, which said they were a sample.

Attachments

• s-l400-1.jpg
    s-l400-1.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 63

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
It’s also called Hatch Grain leather and is supposed to be super water resistant from memory and almost coated with some kind of sealant. Not worn mine much but haven’t conditioned mine with anything.

dangerous

Reaction score
How do you like the Earth suede? I’ve got some stows in Earth on a crepe sole - really like the suede.

I think the suede is great and beautiful; they don't get as much wear anymore since I prefer a bunch of my other stuff over these - more like, I bought so much stuff I don't have time to wear these as much as I did in the beginning - but whenever I want something straight up green, or suede, I reach for them.

Beautiful stuff! They might become a foul weather, snow slush model in the future. I can live with salt stains on them.

rob80bboots

Reaction score
For sale items this one was on my shortlist from Matchfashion...an odd looking and quite different from most Trickers I see here but I had a similar looking pair from Clarks, a Wallabee something or other back in the 70s or 80s ???....still a few left.
Trickers Rex.png
....decided on a classic brown Derby......but from Cheaney. :redface:
Cheaney Ascot.png

Last edited:

princealbert

Reaction score
I think the suede is great and beautiful; they don't get as much wear anymore since I prefer a bunch of my other stuff over these - more like, I bought so much stuff I don't have time to wear these as much as I did in the beginning - but whenever I want something straight up green, or suede, I reach for them.

Beautiful stuff! They might become a foul weather, snow slush model in the future. I can live with salt stains on them.

Pretty much like me, I really like them but have too much other stuff which means they don’t get worn as often as they should.

rob80bboots

Reaction score
Ellis from the Outlet samples too..these are black calf not deer like @rob80bboots the Chelsea element works surprisingly well as they feel more like shoes.

Was tempted way back, may have been a better choice especially for the winter with a quick on and off, but still prefer the Commado sole for such elements.......with my Sheene/Motorcycle jury is still out on deer skin and the 13187 last is slightly off but I can live with it.

Anyone familiar with the Ellis...is it a slip on or lace up?....neat looking boot though. : )
View attachment 1418749

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Was tempted way back, may have been a better choice especially for the winter with a quick on and off.......with my Sheene/Motorcycle jury is still out on deer skin and the 13187 last is slightly off but I can live with it.
Ah, thought Sheene was same but deer...

Had a good stride out this afternoon and proven to be comfortable.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads