• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone tell me what colour this actually is? Looks a bit more black in person.

Attachments

• IMG_1149.JPG
    IMG_1149.JPG
    182.3 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1150.JPG
    IMG_1150.JPG
    321.8 KB · Views: 64

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
from the photos it looks like Espresso but if it is so dark as to be nearly black it will be Cafe.

Is that a burnished leather and if so, what does it mean in terms of colour variance with age and frequent use? My initial thought was to only treat it with a beeswax based neutral polish, but ideas welcome.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that a burnished leather and if so, what does it mean in terms of colour variance with age and frequent use? My initial thought was to only treat it with a beeswax based neutral polish, but ideas welcome.

I own a similar pair, I only use beeswax or something neutral to keep the welt "clean". In case is needed ocasionally I apply some pigmented wax or cream with a small brush carefully to not stain the welt.

Beautiful boots. Hope that helps.

rob80bboots

Reaction score
The burnishing is quite subtle, in fact I never really noticed it....and as the the finish is rather robust I've had no qualms using dark brown shoe cream, topped off with Saphir dark brown polish...IMHO they're breaking in quite nicely. :)

Only issue is if you wish to keep the welt "au natural".....although it will darken eventually regardless.

Last edited:

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I own a similar pair, I only use beeswax or something neutral to keep the welt "clean". In case is needed ocasionally I apply some pigmented wax or cream with a small brush carefully to not stain the welt.

Beautiful boots. Hope that helps.

This is very helpful, thank you. Good idea to beeswax the welt portion. Here in Norway the weather means that the soles always end up getting wet or caked with mud which is mostly why even though I am tempted, I have stayed away from suede versions of the Stow.

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The burnishing is quite subtle, in fact I never really noticed it....and as the the finish is rather robust I've had no qualms using dark brown shoe cream, topped off with Saphir dark brown polish...IMHO they're breaking in quite nicely. :)

Only issue is if you wish to keep the welt "au natural".....although it will darken eventually regardless.
He he yeah that is the funny part. I kept reading burning allows the natural variation of the leather to really shine through but every time I look at the shoes I keep thinking thinking to myself that the only natural variation on show here is a very unifrom black. :p

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're my first Tricker's which I got in back in March, so basically dozens of wears and I'm a walker so easily 5-10Km a day in all types of weather, except for deep winter which is on its way.

First day 17/03/20
View attachment 1488571

Today 01/11/20
View attachment 1488572
Very nice. I anticipate that mine will also end up the same way because I walk the same usually each day. They getting more and more comfortable each day.

rob80bboots

Reaction score
Very nice. I anticipate that mine will also end up the same way because I walk the same usually each day. They getting more and more comfortable each day.

Well...enjoy....up keep is fairly straight forward and JFYI I do employ shoes trees, unless one prefers a permanent wavy effect.:)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads