• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They’re a great looking boot.

Don't I know it. The wife told me however, that not going to South Africa for a safari was no excuse for trying to bring half the animal hides home as footwear. I had no comeback to that. As a wise Chinese man said, I may wear the shoes but she the pants so I shuffled away quietly.

I think for now I'm good with one burnished calf and one MTO with the caramel Kudu which I am sure is awesome. Think a derby and I am done. The Chelseas I went with a nice pebbled C&J.

rob80bboots

Reaction score
They’re a great looking boot.

Ditto...but I prefer the Polo. ;)
Still one of my favorites all round.
Stow Kudu Polo.jpg

Kiwijohn

Reaction score
WEEKEND QUESTION FOR THE FORUM!

we know Tricker’s makes both shoes and boots (and perhaps what Crafty needs right about now, some house slippers).

of your Trickers collection, what percentage are shoes versus boots, and is there a reason you prefer type over another?
I have 2 of each. I feel my next pair will be shoes. The shoes are substantial but also a little lighter and easier to put on than boots. Better for summer too.

rob80bboots

Reaction score
WEEKEND QUESTION FOR THE FORUM!

we know Tricker’s makes both shoes and boots (and perhaps what Crafty needs right about now, some house slippers).

of your Trickers collection, what percentage are shoes versus boots, and is there a reason you prefer type over another?

Still relatively new to Tricker's but somehow managed to rack up 6 pair of boots and 1 shoe during this whole crisis thing!!! .....almost 1 a month :rolleyes: (psychological compensation?)
So thought it was time to add another shoe although my preferences are for a boot .:cool:
...anyway something a little more somber from the current sale....Black Daniels / commando.
Daniel commando-sole leather derby shoe.png

...reason for choosing a boot, good question but I find fittings with a shoe slightly more complicated...so this new one is sort of a leap of faith.

ps...those are only the Trickers boots. mums the word. :redface:

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Still relatively new to Tricker's but somehow managed to rack up 6 pair of boots and 1 shoe during this whole crisis thing!!! .....almost 1 a month :rolleyes: (psychological compensation?)
So thought it was time to add another shoe although my preferences are for a boot .:cool:
...anyway something a little more somber from the current sale....Black Daniels / commando.
View attachment 1488178
...reason for choosing a boot, good question but I find fittings with a shoe slightly more complicated...so this new one is sort of a leap of faith.

Agree, I think you have more margin for error somehow in a boot. I prefer the aesthetics of tapered jeans over boots but do wear shoes too. Although we are locked down again so may have to get some fancy bloody slippers!

zargoz

Reaction score
Re: sale, anybody have the Fulton or another model on the 81 last? I am eyeing those Oliva LWBs. The studio shots look good but the on-foot photo looks pointy AF. Curious about real world experience.

Will also inevitably grab one or both of the gray and green (earth) suede Stows if my size persists until resistance totally crumbles.

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1488178

Ha ha ha I feel that is space and judgement were not an issue I would get two more pairs atleast. An Acorn pair of Stows in Commando if that ever becomes an option in my size. As Crafty said the Division Road make ups are pretty special a lot of them. Mostly, I like the fact that they tend to use more dynamic leathers than the ones that Trickers themselves put out.

I think for shoes, I still tend to prefer mid height so nice chukkas maybe, but there I'd mostly veer towards some other maker just to spread the unnecessary spending around. ;-)

princealbert

Reaction score
Re: sale, anybody have the Fulton or another model on the 81 last? I am eyeing those Oliva LWBs. The studio shots look good but the on-foot photo looks pointy AF. Curious about real world experience.

Will also inevitably grab one or both of the gray and green (earth) suede Stows if my size persists until resistance totally crumbles.

i don’t have the Fenwick but I do own Tricker’s boots on the 81 last. Picture attached in case it helps.
690D3A81-ECE3-4026-9B9D-842A12D2A681.jpeg

princealbert

Reaction score
Meant to say I don’t have the Fulton...... getting my 81 last models confused.

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have four pairs of Bourton's. Two pairs were a GMTO: bright red, with white stitching and green, ditto. I also have a navy pair with a Commado soles and my favourite of all, Kudu sign. I have tried wearing two different sorts of 'standard' boots but only feel comfortable in desert boots, which are my latest obsession. If I could have a pair of MTO Bourton's, they would in in Sign Kudu with a pale edge and white stitching.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads