• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

rob80bboots

Reaction score
I don't get the whole Grassmere thing. Everytime I check they say size 6, but can I assume that I can buy my usual size and they will just be a bit wider?
Sadly I'm still Grassmereless so cannot give a definitive answer. But it all depends on your foot shape, I'm sure I could go down to an UK8 length wise on most footware but so far my feet are happier in a UK9 on the 4497, my foot prefers more height and width in the box.
UK 8 1/2 so far have been hit and miss depending on the last but I'm thinking a Grassmere 8.5 in 6 would be fine .....keep in mind just the standard Grassmere are a 6 fitting, the Kudu and Olivvia editions I believe are still a 5.

princealbert

Reaction score
Interesting. So the 4497s and w2298 are the same size but different shape? I ask because Division Road seems to keep switching their designs on multiple lasts.

Yes, a significant amount of the difference is in the volume of the uppers rather which means that the shape of your foot will affect how well they fit. When I visited the factory shop on one occasion they showed me a comparison of the outline for the 4444, 4497 and w2298 lasts and the differences in length and width are incredibly small.

konstantis

Reaction score
May I ask why Trickers are doing lightweight country shoes ? I. Contacted them about the Muflone that exists at the outlet store and they said that is the lightweight version without though.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
May I ask why Trickers are doing lightweight country shoes ? I. Contacted them about the Muflone that exists at the outlet store and they said that is the lightweight version without though.
Doesn’t look like it is..

they were originally (no through) intended for summer stock I’d think but then covid crapped on plans.

konstantis

Reaction score
Doesn’t look like it is..

they were originally (no through) intended for summer stock I’d think but then covid crapped on plans.
This is the answer they gave me : “Yes this is a lightweight version without a through. Muflone is a deeply grained leather that has been dried in drums for softness and texture. Compared to a standard calf leather, this is incredibly soft.”

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
This is the answer they gave me : “Yes this is a lightweight version without a through. Muflone is a deeply grained leather that has been dried in drums for softness and texture. Compared to a standard calf leather, this is incredibly soft.”
Looks like that’s a generic answer relating to the main site stock..

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1483457
Right...

Another GMTO...

Album..

I ordered a few pairs several months ago as single made to order boots, the shop I ordered through I get on really well with the owners so if they like the order I said they can order a bulk in! They liked these...a lot!

I don’t work with Shoe Healer and pay for my boots the same as anyone else would. The way the world is now and with business on high streets getting harder and harder I think why not help others if we can?

These boots turned out fantastically. We can order a bulk order at standard UK prices, countries that are exempt from UK duty which is 20 per cent get that discounted on top, £445 (minus vat if appropriate). This includes free delivery and brass toe plates (if required. An option which I’ve negotiated for free) and Trickers branded shoe trees!

Spec..

Caramel Kudu Eaton (minus toe medallion).

4497s Last (standard Trickers boot last).

Brass Eyelets.

Green lining and pull loops.

Dark brown welt with white stitching, antique mid sole (like the pictures). This can be lighter or darker as Shoe Healer are cobblers.

Brown laces.

Light brown binding.

Double leather sole (brass recessed toe plates no cost option)

Will essentially be a carbon copy of the boot pictured here.

Expression of interest to..

[email protected]

We don’t really have a minimum or maximum order and the projected build is March 2021 if not before.

4497s is true to UK sizing, any queries, maybe I can help or email the guys and they’ll sort!

So what happened with the MTO finally? How many orders went in?

Out of curiosity, since you have ( many :p ) Kudu pairs, how can I expect this to age? The leather lightens a bit in places or it darkens as it goes? My Stows seems to bend a little over the broguing so I'm curious to see how the toe area here changes for my gait.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score

Out of curiosity, since you have ( many :p ) Kudu pairs, how can I expect this to age? The leather lightens a bit in places or it darkens as it goes? My Stows seems to bend a little over the broguing so I'm curious to see how the toe area here changes for my gait.
I think order was placed today or yesterday for the factory to process.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score

Age wise they seem to maintain most of the original allure! They’re soft already so from my experience they age well!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads