• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

rob80bboots

Reaction score
Crafty! Me sleeping on this one before ordering. I noticed the photos you posted were of the Polo Kudu. How much of a colour difference is the Caramel? Much lighter?

Also found the photos a little confusing.....the indoor and out door shots look quite different .

MTO .png

...looks like a different boot, lighting?........more sign than caramel.
Outside.png

...not sure he mentioned polo although the tongue apparently is.
Box.png

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also found the photos a little confusing.....the indoor and out door shots look quite different .

View attachment 1485466

...looks like a different boot, lighting?........more sign than caramel.
View attachment 1485467

...not sure he mentioned polo although the tongue apparently is.
View attachment 1485470
That difference could be down to the light purely, I guess. Box does say caramel so I guess that is what it is. ;-)

Now the only thing giving me pause is that work may take me to warmer climes for the foreseeable future so not sure I need another pair of boots. :p I do want them though. Head scratcher this.....

rob80bboots

Reaction score
Now the only thing giving me pause is that work may take me to warmer climes for the foreseeable future so not sure I need another pair of boots. :p I do want them though. Head scratcher this.....

If Kudu can work fine day in day out for an African Antelope.... you should be good to go. ;)

....those boots are a beaut though!

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ha ha ha this is true, but with average temps constantly around the 30 - 35 degree centigrade mark, it is not the looking like a Kudu issue, more the smelling like one that worries me. :p Still never know. May end up being in air con and all and can never have enough boots when roaming the savannahs of artificially cooled office spaces....

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Crafty! Me sleeping on this one before ordering. I noticed the photos you posted were of the Polo Kudu. How much of a colour difference is the Caramel? Much lighter?
The pictures are of a caramel kudu boot. On my single mto I added a polo tongue but it didn’t really show up on pictures so didn’t feel it was worth adding to spec of the boot as it was something that didn’t add anything but confusion. The pictures are to show the boot looks different in different lighting. The outside ones and inside ones are slightly lighter/darker which is normal for any pics.
The spec I listed is the mto spec.

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The pictures are of a caramel kudu boot. On my single mto I added a polo tongue but it didn’t really show up on pictures so didn’t feel it was worth adding to spec of the boot as it was something that didn’t add anything but confusion. The pictures are to show the boot looks different in different lighting. The outside ones and inside ones are slightly lighter/darker which is normal for any pics.
The spec I listed is the mto spec.
Yep that's what I figured post writing that question. The confusion was seeing Polo on the box. ;-) Ok sleep over this I shall.

Slowback

Reaction score
Top is a storm welt, bottom is a Barbour welt.
Both do same job but the Barbour is far more in keeping with modern aesthetics.
Moccasin looks great with denim too! ?

Thanks, I thought there was something wrong at first. From the obviously necessary googling to find out everything thing there is to know about welting. I understand that the beaded one like I have on my other Stows/ Bourtons are storm welts and the one as pictured on the boots that arrived today would be known as a Split-reverse storm welt (neither being that effective in a storm)

C5DB274F-831E-4417-9339-7A3733854496.jpeg

Moccasin looks great with denim too! ?

I wasn’t so sure when I first opened the box but slipped one on and came around to them straight away !

811C3A8E-0968-482D-856B-AFCD2F16D8EF.jpeg

The spec of this green CXL MTO we’re into, that’s built on the beaded storm welt right ? I’m not fussed either way BTW.

Last edited:

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Thanks, I thought there was something wrong at first. From the obviously necessary googling to find out everything thing there is to know about welting I understand that the beaded one like I have on my other Stows/ Bourtons are storm welts and the one as pictured on the boots that arrived today would be known as a Split-reverse storm welt (neither being that effective in a storm)

View attachment 1485488

I wasn’t so sure when I first opened the box but slipped one on and came around to them straight away !

View attachment 1485487

The spec of this green CXL MTO we’re into, that’s built on the beaded storm welt right ? I’m not fussed either way BTW.
Yes Trickers call it Barbour, that’s the way to go on mto as looks classy.

those are a sweet ride and ninety nine per cent of folks would never know!

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
if it helps I always find that Bourtons on the 4444 always feel slightly large on me even when I go down half a size as recommended, but the Henry’s that I own (also on 4444) fit perfectly even though they are the same size as the Bourtons.
I concur.
Echoing what the other fellows have said. I usually size half down on the Bourton but Henry pretty rare in half sizes. It fits me fine as a boot in a nine with thicker socks and I don’t feel them slipping or feeling oversized. I can go TTS in a Bourton but prefer 8.5 if I can.
This comments help. I still trying to convince myself to go 8Uk with the Bourton's.

Kiwijohn

Reaction score
Anyone know when the next Outlet or Main Trickers sale likely?. I love a pair of the new Daniels in suede with the commando soles.

FondDeJante

Reaction score
@Kiwijohn I'm hoping that a Halloween outlet sale is imminent - there has been one in previous years.

I think that the main website sale is only once a year, just before the new season designs are released? Might be wrong though.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Last year the main store sale started December 15.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 66 38.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 18 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 32 18.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 31 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads