• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Unsung hero, Henry in museum calf.
0BEDF68F-595B-4B66-A2CB-57E154B3ADDB.jpeg

Phoenician

Reaction score
Low loggers in cuba waxy survived the frosty trek to Starbuck's. RRL vest over leather jacket kept this suburban logger warm.

rrl_vest_at_bux-jpg.1484029

gi0ivfutq9ulyfc_zrrpaw-jpg.1484030

ugh, rub it in. I love and miss Seattle. I used to be up there every six weeks or so visiting my two tech clients (you can easily guess which ones, lol). Since COVID, everything is virtual of course. Would love a good cup of joe, some Seattle cuisine and just enjoying the city.....

Slowback

Reaction score
Well it was moccasin brown that turned up it matches the images well but not a colour that’s been on my radar... I like them though.
One curiosity. The welt. My other Trickers all have a neatly crimped rolled top to the storm welt section these look almost unfinished, is this normal, different machine etc ?
0DBF6969-3010-4D78-918F-38EB51D9A4F3.jpeg
F0D43B94-9102-4757-A076-FEA8FECAFB1B.jpeg
A6817BAE-C365-4BB5-AE79-EB80ABC4D1CA.jpeg

Stows I have on today for comparison.

6F2CB513-7638-4C85-9FDE-BAF846B2D193.jpeg

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Well it was moccasin brown that turned up it matches the images well but not a colour that’s been on my radar... I like them though.
One curiosity. The welt. My other Trickers all have a neatly crimped rolled top to the storm welt section these look almost unfinished, is this normal, different machine etc ?
View attachment 1485285 View attachment 1485286 View attachment 1485287

Stows I have on today for comparison.

View attachment 1485288
Moccasin looks great with denim too! ?

rob80bboots

Reaction score
Unsung hero, Henry in museum calf.

Hey Crafty, I've been eyeing the Henry as of late and curious how the 4444 last works out on a Tricker's chelsea.
I'm literally probably an UK 8 3/4 :tongue: , more concerned with volume than length, so depending on the boot some UK 9 fit great, some a bit loose and with 8 1/2s some great, some a bit tight.:rolleyes:
I find a chelsea has to be just about right for all day comfort and long walks and prefer to er on larger where an insert can be added than smaller.

princealbert

Reaction score
Hey Crafty, I've been eyeing the Henry as of late and curious how the 4444 last works out on a Tricker's chelsea.
I'm literally probably an UK 8 3/4 :tongue: , more concerned with volume than length, so depending on the boot some UK 9 fit great, some a bit loose and with 8 1/2s some great, some a bit tight.:rolleyes:
I find a chelsea has to be just about right for all day comfort and long walks and prefer to er on larger where an insert can be added than smaller.

if it helps I always find that Bourtons on the 4444 always feel slightly large on me even when I go down half a size as recommended, but the Henry’s that I own (also on 4444) fit perfectly even though they are the same size as the Bourtons.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Echoing what the other fellows have said. I usually size half down on the Bourton but Henry pretty rare in half sizes. It fits me fine as a boot in a nine with thicker socks and I don’t feel them slipping or feeling oversized. I can go TTS in a Bourton but prefer 8.5 if I can.

I nearly ordered a Henry mto in 4497s but have had an insane spell recently so my better judgement resisted, even if temporarily!

rob80bboots

Reaction score
Thanks Guys....always tricky (no pun intended)....started off with my Burfords UK 9 this morning with a thin insert and felt great on my long walk, nice and secure but just swapped over to my UK 8 1/2 Sheenes in Olivvia Deer skin (listed as 4497 but maybe 13187 last?) and even with the same insert they feel a bit too roomy IMHO.

Last edited:

rob80bboots

Reaction score
JFYI ...if one's into boots, noticed two new additions to the Tricker's Outlet.

The Bishop....
Bishop.png

Burford Olivvia Deerskin
Burford Olivvia Deerskin.png

Last edited:

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eaton mto going in to the factory Friday so if anyone on the fence stay on or get off!

last of the year then I’m closing the doors on 2020 and dreaming of 2021!
Crafty! Me sleeping on this one before ordering. I noticed the photos you posted were of the Polo Kudu. How much of a colour difference is the Caramel? Much lighter?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads