• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

konstantis

Reaction score
Hi , May I ask if the Division Road models could be found anywhere on sale prices ? Thanks.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
I understand you. They are really nice models.

I snagged those of Grailed but it’s extremely hit and miss!
68E975D6-C266-4B07-880F-802E4331A799.jpeg

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Come to England and get your hip for free! ?

seriously though, good luck with that fella. I’ve to visit the knife myself.
Does anybody know anyone who will remove cataracts on the cheap? I have been waiting a long time. Tried Quick Fit but they said they mostly only do car servicing. Poundland don't do them at all. Maybe one of the Clickers at Tricker's will oblige? :lookaround:

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Does anybody know anyone who will remove cataracts on the cheap? I have been waiting a long time. Tried Quick Fit but they said they mostly only do car servicing. Poundland don't do them at all. Maybe one of the Clickers at Tricker's will oblige? :lookaround:
Bit of sand paper and a laser pen mate! Simple...??

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are they ? They look like William Lennon’s

Hey! Sorry, I missed that message.

They are sold by a local shop here in Oslo under the brand name Dundas Footwear ( https://dundasfootwear.com/pages/type01 )

So I looked up the brand you mentioned and now I see the similarity. Practically the same shoe down to the sellers description also. ;-) I'm guessing that in this day and age the chaps here have found a manufacturer there who will assemble the things for them.

About the shoe itself : They were my first pair of boots ever, bought last December and used for 3 months so it took me a while to get to know them, and even get used to the feel of proper leather shoes. Having now learnt a bit more about leather footwear, I can tell that the manufacturing is not as tight as I might have liked, for example, one shoe has a shorter ankle section than the other, and the upper on the other doesn't seem to have stretched fully to be able to fit around my foot as comfortably as I like or even the way the left foot fits. Little eccentricities like that. I really like the leather though, so despite occasionally looking down at my feet and wondering if I should sell the ******* things, I then decide to keep 'em. ;-) If you passing through Norway, and can get them with VAT exempt then the value proposition improves a fair bit.

Last edited:

Slowback

Reaction score
Hey! Sorry, I missed that message.

They are sold by a local shop here in Oslo under the brand name Dundas Footwear ( https://dundasfootwear.com/pages/type01 )

So I looked up the brand you mentioned and now I see the similarity. Practically the same shoe down to the sellers description also. ;-) I'm guessing that in this day and age the chaps here have found a manufacturer there who will assemble the things for them.

About the shoe itself : They were my first pair of boots ever, bought last December and used for 3 months so it took me a while to get to know them, and even get used to the feel of proper leather shoes. Having now learnt a bit more about leather footwear, I can tell that the manufacturing is not as tight as I might have liked, for example, one shoe has a shorter ankle section than the other, and the upper on the other doesn't seem to have stretched fully to be able to fit around my foot as comfortably as I like or even the way the left foot fits. Little eccentricities like that. I really like the leather though, so despite occasionally looking down at my feet and wondering if I should sell the ******* things, I then decide to keep 'em. ;-) If you passing through Norway, and can get them with VAT exempt then the value proposition improves a fair bit.

ah yes I see, def William Lennon.
it seems they are re-badging/ OEM for more brands than I thought.
As you say that are certainly not the last word in finesse and fit/finish could be better but they are solidly built. I have a pair of “78N’s” in Latigo leather; a great wet weather boot.
An interesting brand with history. They have a unique construction with only 5 of the machines used for the soling method remaining worldwide.

You can buy direct from William Lennon at sub £200 or buy the same thing from HebTroCo, &Sons etc for an extra £150 with their labels stitched in.

Anyway so as to keep the thread on track I noticed YOOX have a 15% Sale on this weekend and this is applied even to already reduced items so snapped up another pair of Stows.
A bit of a gamble with YOOX and It’s not clear what colour they actually are...Marron/ C-Shade? - I wonder what will turn up?

Last edited:

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As you say that are certainly not the last word in finesse and fit/finish could be better but they are solidly built. I have a pair of “78N’s” in Latigo leather; a great wet weather boot.
An interesting brand with history. They have a unique construction with only 5 of the machines used for the soling method remaining worldwide.

You can buy direct from William Lennon at sub £200 or buy the same thing from HebTroCo, &Sons etc for an extra £150 with their labels stitched in.

Anyway so as to keep the thread on track I noticed YOOX have a 15% Sale on this weekend and this is applied applied even to already reduced items so snapped up another pair of Stows.
A bit of a gamble with YOOX and It’s not clear what colour they actually are, Marron/ C-Shade - I wonder what will turn up...

He he 'not the last word in fit and finish' would sum these boots up quite well. As you say, the similarity is too close to be a coincidence. No harm, this pair was the one responsible for taking me down the rabbit hole so I think I'll keep it just for that. They do well when walking on natural surfaces, as in superb feel, and are perfect for bashing around on wet, Norwegian days even if this veg tanned leather is potentially better off on dress shoes. Maybe I should have gone for the harder earing suede but hey, it was my first rodeo. :p

WIll check out Yoox now. Am weighing up the GMTO being discussed here, but there are some on sale Trickers on Commando soles that are also catching my eye. Wondering how the green and blue MC leathers age though...

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score

Anyway so as to keep the thread on track I noticed YOOX have a 15% Sale on this weekend and this is applied even to already reduced items so snapped up another pair of Stows.
A bit of a gamble with YOOX and It’s not clear what colour they actually are...Marron/ C-Shade? - I wonder what will turn up?
Good old Yoox!

I picked up an Anniversary pair for circa £230 the other week! I had when they came out and sent back and thought I’d get the actual pair I sent back to Mr P! They weren’t...I was contemplating the air miles they would have clocked up!!

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Eaton mto going in to the factory Friday so if anyone on the fence stay on or get off!

last of the year then I’m closing the doors on 2020 and dreaming of 2021!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads