• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Maio

Reaction score

noverbeck

Reaction score
Light caramel looks great, dark as well. I was going to wait for a restock on their caramel Stows, but that may have to be audibled to the Ethan. I really like the contrasting welt and think it should be their makeup, or at least an option, for the Stow. I should be in for the GMTO.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Light caramel looks great, dark as well. I was going to wait for a restock on their caramel Stows, but that may have to be audibled to the Ethan. I really like the contrasting welt and think it should be their makeup, or at least an option, for the Stow. I should be in for the GMTO.
[email protected] if you want to express interest sir.

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking about GMTOs how come no one goes for something like ox blood scotch grain Burford or Eaton or something? or just scotch grain in particular? Is that leather type limited to the Grassmere?

Speaking of the Grassmere are they only size 6 fit?

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Speaking about GMTOs how come no one goes for something like ox blood scotch grain Burford or Eaton or something? or just scotch grain in particular? Is that leather type limited to the Grassmere?

Speaking of the Grassmere are they only size 6 fit?
Grassmere isn’t specifically 6 fitting. The scotch grain isn’t mega popular and we did an Eaton recently in cxl..
My experience is you’ve been able to get the grained leathers for ever and most have had or got em so ye need to be nimble on mto! ?

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grassmere isn’t specifically 6 fitting. The scotch grain isn’t mega popular and we did an Eaton recently in cxl..
My experience is you’ve been able to get the grained leathers for ever and most have had or got em so ye need to be nimble on mto! ?
He he fair enough. I just asked because it seems like C&J seem to like that leather quite a bit. I managed to get one of their 'chunky' Chelseas and liked how grain coloured with use but I prefer the rounder bulkier appearance of the Trickers last to be honest.....

...first loves and all that. :p

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
He he fair enough. I just asked because it seems like C&J seem to like that leather quite a bit. I managed to get one of their 'chunky' Chelseas and liked how grain coloured with use but I prefer the rounder bulkier appearance of the Trickers last to be honest.....

...first loves and all that. :p
I’ve three c and j in it. They do it amazingly mate. Have a chelsea too. Lovely boots.

princealbert

Reaction score
10428583, member: 341401"] Speaking about GMTOs how come no one goes for something like ox blood scotch grain Burford or Eaton or something? or just scotch grain in particular? Is that leather type limited to the Grassmere? Speaking of the Grassmere are they only size 6 fit? [/QUOTE]

If you’re into scotch grain there are some Grassmeres with leather soles on Yoox, there are also some interesting looking Stows in a tan scotchgrain (you have to click on the marron stows and then select the tan colour to see them).

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve three c and j in it. They do it amazingly mate. Have a chelsea too. Lovely boots.

Yes most definitely. Even the one wear for around 200 metres of walking in this Chelsea boot and the leather is already developing folds and patina which is quite something to see. Lovely stuff.

So with that said, I have another pair of Norwegian boots but in a Carlo Badalassi veg tan leather. Is that something that Trickers will work with? The leathers, I mean. Again, watching that aging process is quite beautiful.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads