• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

noiscape

Reaction score
Are GMTO's still a thing with Tricker's? I'd love to get an ethan monkey boot on commando or ridgeway if anyone else is keen?

Ethan monkey boots is on my wish list but never found the make up I could be interested in. So could been interested but probably not on commando. Would like something a bit more dressier... BTW Ridgeway may do the job!

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Ethan monkey boots is on my wish list but never found the make up I could be interested in. So could been interested but probably not on commando. Would like something a bit more dressier... BTW Ridgeway may do the job!
Replying to both...

I am eagerly (please read annoying and impatiently..) awaiting a monkey boot single mto I placed a while back.

I’m happy to organise a group version but it’d probably be March next year for delivery due to Covid restrictions plus the factory closes at Christmas. I was going to propose something when these landed as I’ve changed the formula a wee bit!

I have a monkey I had converted to ridgeway, I’ll fish a shot of that out for you both too...

rob80bboots

Reaction score
Funny, the file names of the pics imply they’re from 2015.

2015 is also coming up on the this one too.....

.....the Sheene originally released this time last year.

noiscape

Reaction score
Replying to both...

I am eagerly (please read annoying and impatiently..) awaiting a monkey boot single mto I placed a while back.

I’m happy to organise a group version but it’d probably be March next year for delivery due to Covid restrictions plus the factory closes at Christmas. I was going to propose something when these landed as I’ve changed the formula a wee bit!

I have a monkey I had converted to ridgeway, I’ll fish a shot of that out for you both too...

Thanks a lot! I had to say I wanted nice monkey boots for a couple,of years, so waiting some months is not’a problem for me. Shoe Healer told me,that your green forest cxl boots should be there in March as well, not a problem for me. I may buy Viberg soon as I need boots! For my experience, my top 3 boots makers are Trickers, Viberg and Red Wing (not’the same Spirit but ratio quality/price on Red Wing is just’outstanding IMHO). Whatever, I need more Trickers to replace the Alden I just sold (Alden is not’for,my feet... and probably for my taste as it was a couple of years ago).

Quite curious about’the Monkey on Ridgeway!

noiscape

Reaction score
About the Monkey, would be interested in brown (probably dark brown monkey). Would like something quite classical and not funky colours...

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Gold MC on Ridgeway. Antiqued mid with white stitching.
6A09008E-3345-4881-B84D-BB339FD6A53D.jpeg

jayvee

Reaction score

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Right chaps...

I was thinking

Polo (dark brown) kudu
9 hole Ethan
4497s last (can be made on that)
Cream Barbour welt
Natural mid sole
Ridgeway sole
Brass eyelets
Brown laces

The only stickler to this is that I think Polo May be a discontinued colour so I asked to see if any was in stock to meet to obligatory 12 pairs.

will find out tomorrow re that.

Another option is the same boot in Sign (burgundy) or Caramel (caramel) kudu!
Plenty of stock of those two colours.
Price will be UK list (buyers outside certain borders get uk vat off) with free Trickers branded shoe trees and free delivery.

personally I think a brown kudu would look classy as the boot itself is the feature and the last takes out the nonsense that 5402 provides us which is will it bloody fit me!!

equally we could do it on 2298 if people wanted a slightly slimmer profile.

lining I’m not fussed on. We can go red, green, purple...only thing I think it looks better when pull loops match the lining.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
I’m happy with Caramel as the primary colour, have a feeling Polo may be hard to source.

Maio

Reaction score
Right chaps...

I was thinking

Polo (dark brown) kudu
9 hole Ethan
4497s last (can be made on that)
Cream Barbour welt
Natural mid sole
Ridgeway sole
Brass eyelets
Brown laces

The only stickler to this is that I think Polo May be a discontinued colour so I asked to see if any was in stock to meet to obligatory 12 pairs.

will find out tomorrow re that.

Another option is the same boot in Sign (burgundy) or Caramel (caramel) kudu!
Plenty of stock of those two colours.
Price will be UK list (buyers outside certain borders get uk vat off) with free Trickers branded shoe trees and free delivery.

personally I think a brown kudu would look classy as the boot itself is the feature and the last takes out the nonsense that 5402 provides us which is will it bloody fit me!!

equally we could do it on 2298 if people wanted a slightly slimmer profile.

lining I’m not fussed on. We can go red, green, purple...only thing I think it looks better when pull loops match the lining.

Sounds amaze good Sir! I'd be down for either Polo or Caramel, not too keen on more burgundy at the moment.

I think it would look best in Polo so hopefully they still have that in stock :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads