• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
I'm tempted and deerskin is comfortable...lol ....but a little too close maybe to my Kudu Stow ...and I've already ventured into deerskin. :wink:
View attachment 1479755
Colour wise very similar to the kudu mate (enabling button switched off...).

very nice on the foot, nice and light. Probably an ideal warmer weather boot? I’ve had these on with medium thick socks.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
I stepped out of my comfort zone today and reduced the bright redness of my red Tricker Bourton's. They were so red, I could only go out in them if I was having a hypomanic episode.

First I gave them a good brushing. Then I used two thin coats of Saphir Hermes Red, a much more muted red cream. Finally, I used one coat of Collonil Burgundy cream. Between coatings, I gave the shoes a good brushing and (obviously) a final good brushing.

Overall, the effect was good. I found that the Burgundy was a bit streaky but I quickly resolved this with the help of a micro cloth duster. I used this to remove darker streaks and it worked well. I removed any remaining burgundy cream from the brogue holes with Q-Tips. A final, final brushing made them look very good. They are still red but not nearly as bright red as they were. At a later date I might mute them a little more by using the burgundy cream again. I want to do this incrementally as I don't want to reduce the colour to a burgundy. I think I will aim for a shade of 'conker'. That's as daring as my shoe care goes for the moment. Tomorrow, I am back to plain but regular brushing. With all good wishes, Munky. [cross posted with the shoe care thread]
Have you tried black? Or would that darken the shade off? Pics too! ?

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you tried black? Or would that darken the shade off? Pics too! ?
I thought of black but wondered if it might make the edging of the brogueing a bit too dark and that black might not sit too well on bright red. I would post pics but I have no means of taking them. I am the last person in the UK without a smartphone. The phrase, 'The Edging of the Brogueing' is now copyrighted. With kind thoughts, Munky

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone put any cream - or any other product - on their Kudu shoes/boots? All I have done is to brush them and occasionally wipe them down with a damp cloth. I fear that I might be missing something here. But I really don't want to darken them. With best wishes, Munky.

Pedlar

Reaction score
With the return of cooler temps and thicker socks, kudu Boutons are getting regular wear again. Such a solid shoe.
4578A4DD-8275-471E-81E7-5168A170DF23.jpeg

Has anyone put any cream - or any other product - on their Kudu shoes/boots? All I have done is to brush them and occasionally wipe them down with a damp cloth. I fear that I might be missing something here. But I really don't want to darken them. With best wishes, Munky.
@Munky, I’ve used some Bick 4 on mine because they seemed a bit dry. I do not think that was in this calendar year, though. Since then they’ve seemed to do fine with just some brushing. I did not notice any darkening from the Bick 4, however.

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With the return of cooler temps and thicker socks, kudu Boutons are getting regular wear again. Such a solid shoe.
View attachment 1480269

@Munky, I’ve used some Bick 4 on mine because they seemed a bit dry. I do not think that was in this calendar year, though. Since then they’ve seemed to do fine with just some brushing. I did not notice any darkening from the Bick 4, however.
I wore my pair of those today, too. Thanks for the info about Bick 4. I don't have that but I guess the occasional application of neutral Saphir cream won't do any harm. So far, brushing has kept them in good shape but they do seem a bit dry. Regards, Munky

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
I wore my pair of those today, too. Thanks for the info about Bick 4. I don't have that but I guess the occasional application of neutral Saphir cream won't do any harm. So far, brushing has kept them in good shape but they do seem a bit dry. Regards, Munky
I just brush mine. My mate has a caramel stow and removed the burnish..personal taste but I preferred before!

rob80bboots

Reaction score
Besides Crafty's new Stow in deer skin I also see they've added the moto boot, also in Olivvia deer skin, and in black for those wishing to venture onto dark side.
Similar to my Sheene but with the toe patch only on one boot, they say left but looks like the right.
"Mens Twotone Motorcycle Boot made from Black Deer & Black Olivvia Grain on a Commando sole. Please note the toe patch is on the left boot only. Made on the 13187 last which is true to size." :rolleyes:
Moto boot.png

Sizes 6 to 9 only though.
Moto sizes.png

Last edited:

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
British bikes used to have shifters on right side but just about everything has left side shifting now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads