• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

princealbert

Reaction score
Hi all, does anyone know what last these made for End Low Logger boots are on?

It seems that they could be 4444 or 4497... I'm hoping the former

Logger boots are normally made on the 4444 last. There’s always a risk that they could be a special make up on a different last but normally it would be the 4444.

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They’re a nice boot to wear, as they’re black patina isn’t an issue so they will generally look like this indefinitely. I rarely wear as black doesn’t really fit into what I’d generally choose and I’ve a gazillion other pairs vying for attention!

I’d not throw them under the bus but I’d not put them forwards over kudu etc.
One more for you. Do you by any chance :p own any Woodstocks in Kudu? I thought the Caramel colourway would be a nice addition for casual, semi-formal wear.

Metrosey

Reaction score
Just noticed a guy carrying boots at the train station and as he asked me if I knew the area, I mentioned about his boots and darn me they were indeed Trickers. He said he bought them in 2004 for £70 and he’s still got them (recently resoled). First Trickers in the wild I’ve seen, had a good chat too. Certainly made my day.

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So quick question : What is this MC leather I keep seeing? Is it Museum Calf, a leather with a marbled effect? How does it hold up compared to some of the other popular choices on here?

#askingforafriend :p

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
So quick question : What is this MC leather I keep seeing? Is it Museum Calf, a leather with a marbled effect? How does it hold up compared to some of the other popular choices on here?

#askingforafriend :p

For some time Tricker’s has said MC leather is “motorcycle” leather. It’s a thicker tough pull up leather totally different than museum calf. There’s also evidence it stands for Manchester cowhide.

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For some time Tricker’s has said MC leather is “motorcycle” leather. It’s a thicker tough pull up leather totally different than museum calf. There’s also evidence it stands for Manchester cowhide.
Ha awesome information, thanks. I just found a pair of Derbys in that leather. Was tossing up whether I wanted that or Kudu ones. What do the Vox Populi say then? :p

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ha awesome information, thanks. I just found a pair of Derbys in that leather. Was tossing up whether I wanted that or Kudu ones. What do the Vox Populi say then? :p
This vox says Kudu. :cool:

Last edited:

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
One more for you. Do you by any chance :p own any Woodstocks in Kudu? I thought the Caramel colourway would be a nice addition for casual, semi-formal wear.
I have the Woodstock in Caramel, sign and reverse suede Kudu.
It does suit the shape.
MC does stand for Manchester Cowhide, if you google it it’s a thicker pull up leather as our Devine leader @zippyh identified. I have that on boots and shoes and it’s a great leather. I love kudu but MC is very underrated. Very easy to maintain and soft and comfortable from the start.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Allan in cordovan..x post to Boots..
2E8D75CC-7CD5-4B3A-AFD6-BCF65CC919D0.jpeg

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the Woodstock in Caramel, sign and reverse suede Kudu.
It does suit the shape.
MC does stand for Manchester Cowhide, if you google it it’s a thicker pull up leather as our Devine leader @zippyh identified. I have that on boots and shoes and it’s a great leather. I love kudu but MC is very underrated. Very easy to maintain and soft and comfortable from the start.

Here my black Stow in MC. Great leather as Crafty pointed out.

IMG_1231.JPG
IMG_1232.JPG
IMG_1233.JPG

Phoenician

Reaction score

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So all this talk of leathers got me thinking about other British boot makers. Crockett and Jones scotch grain leathers for example. Or is it blasphemy to even mention them in this forum? :) Mostly, I'm curious to know what sets them apart in their own unique way. Also, I do have a vested interest because they have a Chelsea boot that I quite like. :p That aside, it seems like generally British shoe makers have a decent reputation for products with longevity.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads