• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So interesting. Finding out more and more about this brand after joining this forum. Almost like an Alden in some ways. Love the colour.
Just to confuse matters: Alden Kudu is not made of Kudu leather but from cowhide. Real Kudu is fabulous and as Crafty says, it only needs a good brushing. Best wishes, Munky.

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just to confuse matters: Alden Kudu is not made of Kudu leather but from cowhide. Real Kudu is fabulous and as Crafty says, it only needs a good brushing. Best wishes, Munky.
Alden Cowdoos? :p

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They’re very fine leather and not sure it’d be the warmest winter boot.
Can’t speak to the longevity yet although I did have concerns when I first bought them as are super fine.
Well the fine folk at Trickers say it is the 3rd toughest leather out there ( what is 1 and 2, I wonder ), and since their word is Gospel and I am newly of the flock I am guessing we can take them at their word. :p

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you had to pick one of the Trickers Olivia Burford or their Kudu Stow, which one would it be?

FondDeJante

Reaction score
Kudu and Stow all day long for me

I have Kudu Stows and Grassmeres - I bought some Olivvia Burford (in black) but returned as they were bland and uninspiring

My wife has some Olivvia super boots in brown that she loves because they are so soft - they have aged well and the colour looks good

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have Kudu Stows and Grassmeres - I bought some Olivvia Burford (in black) but returned as they were bland and uninspiring

My wife has some Olivvia super boots in brown that she loves because they are so soft - they have aged well and the colour looks good
Gah, I just got a Stow so a Grassmere would be ideal but seems I have more chance of winning the Euro lottery than finding them in my size it would appear. I did wonder about the Burford colours. As you say, the brown looks the best but again, not available at all.

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A

Actually on that note, how did you size your Grassmere's compared to the Stow?

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went true to size on both, the fit is very similar
K, I ask mostly because the only ones I ever found for Grassmere said Last width 6 which is wider foot. Anyway let me try and hunt out some Kudu Grassmere's somewhere. Help! ?

I actually found that END clothing had them for sale at some point but sold out obviously.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
K, I ask mostly because the only ones I ever found for Grassmere said Last width 6 which is wider foot. Anyway let me try and hunt out some Kudu Grassmere's somewhere. Help! ?

I actually found that END clothing had them for sale at some point but sold out obviously.
What size are you?
Just remembered, 10!

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Zippyh's comment, above, about the longevity of shoes reminded me of this. My daughter once looked at my array of shoes and asked, caringly: 'And who is going to wear all these once you are dead?' I suggested that this wasn't going to be my problem. :crackup:

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They’re very fine leather and not sure it’d be the warmest winter boot.
Can’t speak to the longevity yet although I did have concerns when I first bought them as are super fine.
What do you think of them overall though? In terms of colour and the character of the leather over a period of use?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads