• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

princealbert

Reaction score
Anyone seen the autumn/winter collection yet? ?

Not overly impressed personally.

I quite like the Daniel in Espresso and Snuff but don’t understand why they’re persevering with the lightweight thing. For me, I want my Trickers to be heavy, especially from an autumn winter range!

couldn’t agree more. The thing I like about Trickers is that they are typically chunky shoes and boots.

dangerous

Reaction score
I saw the Rex... It might be the ugliest shoes I've seen in a very long time.

What were they thinking?

https://www.trickers.com/uk/seasonal/mens-seasonal/rex-country-shoe-lightweight-29

rex_7785_4_side_original_78427.jpg

noiscape

Reaction score
couldn’t agree more. The thing I like about Trickers is that they are typically chunky shoes and boots.
I saw the Rex... It might be the ugliest shoes I've seen in a very long time.

rex_7785_4_side_original_78427.jpg

I had to say that was exactly my thought when I see the lightweight stuff... I like my Stow and Bourton because they are chunky... if I want something more refined, I.ll buy Edward Green - won’t just too expensive... but would love to get some Galway, C&J or even Carlos Santos. More than happy to have jumped in the MTO last week (green cxl), a lot’more exciting Then the new collection...

Totally agree about the Rex, one of these days I’d like get some Alden NST as they are so cool but those Trickers is just a miss... so weird. I like Trickers being traditional English shoes, chunky for country... not something very fashionable that you won’t be able to wear IRL

rob80bboots

Reaction score
New heels needed my man. I’ve a pair needing done and was considering a change but probs go for easy heel swap..

They are relatively new and with only a few outings, so it's sad to see the first layer go so quickly, most likely intended for strolling through grassy meadows. :bored: I'll also probably let them go for awhile.
What's your opinion about putting Ridgeways on the all leather Bulfords (although I do like the asthetic of an all leather sole, just not practical, there's also that Canadian winter. lol) ?.....maybe send them them across the pond to the Shoe Healer!

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Almost every model in the new collection is lightweight or ultraflex. I wonder if they’re experiencing a lot of demand for it.

I notice they don’t charge any less for the lightweight even though there’s technically less of it when compared with the traditional design.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
They are relatively new and with only a few outings, so it's sad to see the first layer go so quickly, most likely intended for strolling through grassy meadows. :bored: I'll also probably let them go for awhile.
What's your opinion about putting Ridgeways on the all leather Bulfords (although I do like the asthetic of an all leather sole, just not practical, there's also that Canadian winter. lol) ?.....maybe send them them across the pond to the Shoe Healer!
I love ridgeway soles. They’d look great on the Burford. Can you get a topy sole added or would that be like lipstick on a pig relative to the winter expected? I love Trickers on double leather but we don’t get severe winters here, just rain!!

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love ridgeway soles. They’d look great on the Burford. Can you get a topy sole added or would that be like lipstick on a pig relative to the winter expected? I love Trickers on double leather but we don’t get severe winters here, just rain!!

I think Ridgeways are best of the rubber soles. Dainites, in my experience, are too light and a bit slippery. The also seem to fart when you walk on them. On the other hand, Commandos are a bit too chunky and you need to keep your Swiss Army knife with you to dig out the grit that gets stuck in them. Ridgeways are the nice balance between them...and i like the colour. I've got a pair of navy Bourton's with Commando soles and given the discussion, above, on the chunkiness of Tricker's usual range, the Commando's tend to be a bit too much. I have a pair of Sander's brogues with Ridgeways and they are just right. Lightweight but dense. A little bit like this contributor.

I agree with the comments on Tricker's new range. What an odd direction to go in, given that Tricker's are best known for their top of the range heavy brogues.

PS. Lipstick on pigs is always a good look. All the best, Munky.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Now that I've joined this thread ..tis not like I only have one pair of boots....:redface:.lol. so I'll keep my all leather Tricker's for those non rainy days and when it's -20 :freeze: or even below freezing we should be good. :rolleyes2:
If it’s minus twenty I’d be on the sofa so the soles of my shoes would be irrelevant! ?

rob80bboots

Reaction score
I think Ridgeways are best of the rubber soles. Dainites, in my experience, are too light and a bit slippery. .............

PS. Lipstick on pigs is always a good look. All the best, Munky.
I'd be curious in knowing the composition of the rubber, I find the rubber on the Dainites to be rather hard, can imagine them being very problematic once the cold sets in, an all leather sole with full contact may in fact fair much better.
Reminds me back in the late 70s early 80s with the Blundstones being sold here in Canada, once the cold winter set in found my self landing on my derriere more than a few times, they since have changed the rubber as we do on snow tires which have a lower freezing or hardening tolerance.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads