• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Richard Smith

Reaction score
Did not know Trickers offered 9 hole boots(not fully laced in photos).

Seven hole is their boot offering I would go for. Cheaney nine hole did not suit my high instep and the closeness of the holes meant space was rather cramped.
.Tricker's actually have patterns available for a high leg Stow which has a 9 lace holes. I did a few MTO in years gone by

Richard Smith

Reaction score
/
Is it not the burnishing that’s inconsistent? I find each pair totally different, only had one click related issue, the boots sans burnishing look totally (inferior..) different in my opinion. I’ve pairs that are consistently dyed which look like another colour.
[/QUOT E].
i had, around 50 pairs m to last year in 3-tone kudu. The sign colour especially almost acted like a rub- off Leather. i restored the colour with. Black wax

dangerous

Reaction score
Is it not the burnishing that’s inconsistent? I find each pair totally different, only had one click related issue, the boots sans burnishing look totally (inferior..) different in my opinion. I’ve pairs that are consistently dyed which look like another colour.

I'm mainly taking about how the leather creases. I have no other pairs that have such an uneven creasing amongst pairs...

I don't mind it though, they are heavy wearers.

.Tricker's actually have patterns available for a high leg Stow which has a 9 lace holes. I did a few MTO in years gone by

Any pictures?

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I’ve definitely seen a few vintage 9 lace stows for sale over the years.

Webbo

Reaction score
I was pissed that I missed out on the Bourbon Chukka Boots but managed to score the Black and Colour #8 Bobby PTBs.
I was lucky enough to get the bobby in #8 too but not been able to wear them yet. How have yours broken in?

Richard Smith

Reaction score
I'm mainly taking about how the leather creases. I have no other pairs that have such an uneven creasing amongst pairs...

I don't mind it though, they are heavy wearers.

Any pictures?
it’s basically same height as this pictured but.....of course this has a straight toe cap so isn’t a ‘Stow’ and it also has a two part leg, same as a few bulk mto lines I have in production.
if you imagine a one piece leg shaft on the picture, that’s basically same size and shape as a 9 lace hole Stow. I’ll see if I can find any images from my old archive.....
1600718453709.jpeg

CrashBurner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to get the bobby in #8 too but not been able to wear them yet. How have yours broken in?
No, I haven't worn them yet and unfortunately I probably wont for a while. Truth be told, I got the soles replaced with Ridgeway (Colour #8) and Victory (Black) as I prefer rubber.

Buffon.bj

Reaction score
Pulled the trigger on a pair of Tricker's polo chukka shoes at Pediwear. I had been eyeing Alden unlined chukkas, but decided that the 700€ price tag was too high for me. These seem like a nice alternative, being unlined and light on the sole – it's actually crazy to me how similar they seem. I was a bit unsure of the sizing: Barrie US10.5D fits me perfectly, and I know that the W2298 is quite small in the forefoot, so I bought both UK10 and UK10.5 to try on. Hoping that the UK10 will fit perfectly, but you never know...

Anyway, will report when the shoes arrive!
Trickers-Polo-Brown-Suede-Chukka-Boot-2.jpg

I received the chukkas yesterday, but sadly neither of the sizes really fit. UK10 had the widest part of the boot a bit back from the widest part of the ball, causing some pinching – it sure could be managed with in unlined boots, but I didn't like how it felt. UK10.5, on the other hand, was too voluminous, even with an insole. Funnily enough, even with them, the sides of my feet spilled a bit over the welt. So, I have to conclude that the W2298 last just doesn't work for me, which is a real shame. Those chukkas are really beautiful, as are Robert derbies! Perhaps next I'll try the 4497 last if something catches my eye...

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone seen the autumn/winter collection yet? ?

Not overly impressed personally.

I quite like the Daniel in Espresso and Snuff but don’t understand why they’re persevering with the lightweight thing. For me, I want my Trickers to be heavy, especially from an autumn winter range!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads