• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Right now for my current location it says "Smoke" and Seattle just ticked over to Very Unhealthy". Seems like you get the air quality thing when you add a city versus the current location.

Last edited:

konstantis

Reaction score
Could anyone advise me which is the model in the attached photos Thanks.

Attachments

• 11796544dr_14_f.jpg
    11796544dr_14_f.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 32
  • 11796544dr_14_r.jpg
    11796544dr_14_r.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 90
  • 11796544dr_14_e.jpg
    11796544dr_14_e.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 106

princealbert

Reaction score
Could anyone advise me which is the model in the attached photos Thanks.

The model is Fenwick, it is a variation of the Robert built on the 81 last. I think it has the light weight flexi sole, rather than the double sole that is on the Robert.

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Excuse me gents, but what colour jeans/chinos or whatever do you wear with navy blue boots? With best wishes, Munky.

leparrain7

Reaction score
Excuse me gents, but what colour jeans/chinos or whatever do you wear with navy blue boots? With best wishes, Munky.
if I can allow myself, with blue shoes / boots I would wear camel colored chinos, medium light brown, white, beige ... even green.
with faded blue or gray jeans it will go very well. ??

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
I’ve just got a cxl pair and think black looks
ok...it’s personal style pref of course and depends on the rest of the outfit. My jobs pretty informal so I can wear what I like!

alantrickman

Reaction score
@Crafty Cumbrian I'm intrigued on the MTO with that green horween. Purple lining is great IMO, but I would prefer Ridgeway soles over leather. I also think the Eaton looks slightly better without the medallion, but I could be convinced if the majority prefers it. How much would these end up costing?

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve just got a cxl pair and think black looks
ok...it’s personal style pref of course and depends on the rest of the outfit. My jobs pretty informal so I can wear what I like!

Thank you guys! I have a pair of Bourton's in Navy that I haven't worn for a couple of years and I had forgotten what I wore with them. I have just taken deliver of a pair of Crown Nottingham, Chromexcel desert boots in a similar shade and came unstuck, yesterday, by wearing dark blue jeans. Crown Nottingham shoes, by the way, are beautiful! Thank, again. Yours, Munky.

Hurlazza4

Reaction score
Hello brains trust, I’m seeking advice. I think I remember a conversation on SF (that may have been on this thread) about someone with a problem with the tongue on their boots slipping diagonally down the inside of the shaft. I think the solution they went for was to get a cobbler to add a couple of slots on the tongue so that the laces could be threaded through the slot and hold the tongue in the centre. Has anyone done this and has it worked?

I have a similar problem on a pair of Tricker’s balmoral boots. It only happens on the right boot but the tongue slips down the outside of my foot making them uncomfortable to wear.

The tongue is a thin single piece of leather (exactly like a pair of CJ Northcotes I have). I am a bit worried about cutting into that tongue in case it tears. All the other boots I have with a slot in the tongue have a tongue that is reinforced with a second piece of leather.

Any help or advice is welcome. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• ABC4B393-DCA3-47A7-B65D-A92A5CD0014C.jpeg
    ABC4B393-DCA3-47A7-B65D-A92A5CD0014C.jpeg
    428.7 KB · Views: 55

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Don’t cut the tongue or have it cut. It looks terrible especially on a balmoral boot. Have the cobbler stitch one side of the tongue (if sliding right, stitch left side). They can hide the stitch so it’s barely visible.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
@Crafty Cumbrian I'm intrigued on the MTO with that green horween. Purple lining is great IMO, but I would prefer Ridgeway soles over leather. I also think the Eaton looks slightly better without the medallion, but I could be convinced if the majority prefers it. How much would these end up costing?
They have been ordered sir sans medallion with Ridgeway soles! I suggest you contact [email protected] as they ordered a couple in for stock but I’m not sure what size.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Thank you guys! I have a pair of Bourton's in Navy that I haven't worn for a couple of years and I had forgotten what I wore with them. I have just taken deliver of a pair of Crown Nottingham, Chromexcel desert boots in a similar shade and came unstuck, yesterday, by wearing dark blue jeans. Crown Nottingham shoes, by the way, are beautiful! Thank, again. Yours, Munky.

blue cxl sir..
5E0DBB73-2078-47A5-8A99-C0A5E2495FCF.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads