• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally got my first stow!
E4ED6964-D2A3-4A88-95E3-7C065EE7C822.jpeg

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are true heavy duty footwear…Maybe not to the extreme of my Limmer boots, but along the same spectrum in terms of sheer armorclad impenetrability and reluctance to accede to anything as simple as a mere human foot. I think they’re fantastic.

However.... I ordered some suede derbys today for those times when I’m looking for a less dramatic footwear experience.

They sound good!

I like heavy duty stuff but sometimes it is nice to have something soft for when you don’t feel like wearing tanks!

rob80bboots

Reaction score
Crafty Eatons...

Went for a nice long walk in mine last night, not too sure why but of the 6 pairs of Tricker's boots I've somehow accumulated :redface: during the current situation.. these MTOs Eatons are by far the most comfortable....they just slip onto my feet and fit perfectly....my newly acquired Sheenes with the commando soles come in second. And for city walking the Commado and the Ridgeway I find are the most forgiving when pounding the cement sidewalks, contrary to popular opinion I'd say the Danite are my least favorite even to the double leather soles on my Burfords and the Paul Smiths Stows.

rob80bboots

Reaction score
Scrutinizing my boots something about my new Sheene in Olivvia deer skin that I felt was different but I didn't immediately notice is that the overall sole, even though they have the Commado, is that they are thinner.
Sheene sole2.JPG
Where as all my other Tricker's have two layers of leather plus the bottom sole these new Sheenes only have one.
soles2.JPG
Looking at a Sheene (below) from 2012 it obviously has the 2 layers plus the Commado sole making for I'm sure a much stiffer boot.
trickers-sheene-lug-sole-wingtip-brogue-boot-3 soletopia2012.jpg
Same for the custom Tricker's Belstasff Phoenix which is the same as the Sheene
Trickers Belstasff Phoenix 2018.png

The current Adstone and Burfords with Olivvia deer skin and Suede Stows only have a single layer also.

Adstone Dainite
Adstone.png

Suede Stow
Suede Stow.png
Deerskin Burford Dainite
Deer Burford.png
Standard Burford Dainite
Standard Burford.png
Anyway just thought I'd point this out... and as long as the boots maintain the same durability I don't really have a problem with them, they are obviously more flexible but one will probably need to pay more attention to when the soles need replacing.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Scrutinizing my boots something about my new Sheene in Olivvia deer skin that I felt was different but I didn't immediately notice is that the overall sole, even though they have the Commado, is that they are thinner.
View attachment 1438677
Where as all my other Tricker's have two layers of leather plus the bottom sole these new Sheenes only have one.
View attachment 1438660
Looking at a Sheene (below) from 2012 it obviously has the 2 layers plus the Commado sole making for I'm sure a much stiffer boot.
View attachment 1438657
View attachment 1438668

The current Adstone and Burfords with Olivvia deer skin and Suede Stows only have a single layer also.

Adstone Dainite
View attachment 1438662

Suede Stow
View attachment 1438661
Deerskin Burford Dainite
View attachment 1438663
Standard Burford Dainite
View attachment 1438664
Anyway just thought I'd point this out... and as long as the boots maintain the same durability I don't really have a problem with them, they are obviously more flexible but one will probably need to pay more attention to when the soles need replacing.

I have seen a few like this recently, supposed to be a lighter more flexible option.

Will be interesting to see how they compare.

You could always add the additional layer at a later date I suppose.

rob80bboots

Reaction score
Was doing a search on Olivvia leather and came across these .....Black Eaton in Deerskin made for Proconsol in Los Angeles.
Black Eaton in Olivvia Deerskin .png
Don't believe Crafty has a pair of these.....yet :smile:

Attachments

• Black Eaton in Olivvia Deerskin 2.png
    Black Eaton in Olivvia Deerskin 2.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 69

FondDeJante

Reaction score
View attachment 1438677
View attachment 1438660
View attachment 1438657
View attachment 1438668

Adstone Dainite
View attachment 1438662

Suede Stow
View attachment 1438661
Deerskin Burford Dainite
View attachment 1438663
Standard Burford Dainite
View attachment 1438664

Good post @rob80bboots very informative ?

Shame about the single layer sole, for me it detracts from the Tricker's aesthetic

rob80bboots

Reaction score
Shame about the single layer sole, for me it detracts from the Tricker's aesthetic

Have to agree somewhat, had I paid closer attention prior to purchasing I'm not too sure if it would have influenced my purchasing decision, it did shy me away from the Andstone but the Commando sole on the Sheenes make it less obvious. Anyway..they are a comfortable boot from the get go with a unique look on to their own..... so no complaints there. :smile:

Pedlar

Reaction score
Scrutinizing my boots something about my new Sheene in Olivvia deer skin that I felt was different but I didn't immediately notice is that the overall sole, even though they have the Commado,

My guess is that this is the “no through” construction that Tricker’s has been talking up for at least a year or so, as in this description:

I first noticed it after getting my hatch grain Stows (at the end of 2018, I think). They have only a very thin layer between footbed and dainite. My Bourtons and Ilkleys have a more substantial midsole.

I’m hoping that when the time comes for re-soling the Stows, the midsole can be buttressed somehow. At some point I’ll have to check if that’s possible.

In the meantime I’ll enjoy wearing them as they are. But I do wish they were more substantial underfoot.

Pic from last spring:
7B04ED11-04C1-476B-ACD2-1B031B96AB6F.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads