• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

rob80bboots

Reaction score

Any idea where the polo stow is still available ?

What size?

If I didn't already have the Eaton in Sign I might of gone for the Stow in the same.
Plenty here for Sign...

...believe there are a few Polo in 9UK floating about.

Last edited:

Danath

Reaction score
What size?

If I didn't already have the Eaton in Sign I might of gone for the Stow in the same.
Plenty here for Sign...

...believe there are a few Polo in 9UK floating about.

7uk

Thanks a lot for the information.

I will contact with Trickers

:):):):):)

rob80bboots

Reaction score
Hopefully this is all for now......question though for all you boot fanatics....shoes are easy but where do you put your Stowaways? : )
Stow aways.jpg

rob80bboots

Reaction score
You've built that collection up quickly! Good work

Funny....sort of revitalized an old passion...used to love boots in the late 60's and while at university in the early 70's....that was until life had to become much more practical :rolleyes:.....and now retired or lets say semi-retired as I still have a shop to tend to...although it's nice to still have a daily rapport with customers and a place to chill out in this time of Covid.....
....So I'm just catching up .... :rolleyes2:

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Funny....sort of revitalized an old passion...used to love boots in the late 60's and while at university in the early 70's....that was until life had to become much more practical :rolleyes:.....and now retired or lets say semi-retired as I still have a shop to tend to...although it's nice to still have a daily rapport with customers and a place to chill out in this time of Covid.....
....So I'm just catching up .... :rolleyes2:

That makes sense. Was it Tricker's back in the 60's & 70's?

rob80bboots

Reaction score
That makes sense. Was it Tricker's back in the 60's & 70's?
At the time it was mostly Fryes, Clarks Desert Boots, high top lacers... a whole smorgasbord of unknowns.
I'm in Canada and "Tricker's" are relatively new to me, but I've always admired the look of a solid English Country boot... having had to opportunity to have worked in England for 4mths during the summer break of 73 on a farm in Southern Cornwall

Last edited:

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At the time it was mostly Fryes, Clarks Desert Boots, high top lacers... a whole smorgasbord of unknowns.
I'm in Canada and "Tricker's" are relatively new to me, but I've always admired the look of a solid English Country boot... having had to opportunity to have worked in England for 4mths during the summer break of 73 on a farm in Southern Cornwall

Southern Cornwall is very nice. As is Canada!

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Like a different place down their. @Reiver and I are proper northerners!

rob80bboots

Reaction score
Southern Cornwall is very nice. .....
It was just north of Landrake....lots of memories but working on a farm was probably the hardest most taxing of any job I've encountered....best lesson learned was not to wear shorts walking through a field of nettles.:cry:....had a pair of leather boots on though.:colgate:

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was just north of Landrake....lots of memories but working on a farm was probably the hardest most taxing of any job I've encountered....best lesson learned was not to wear shorts walking through a field of nettles.:cry:....had a pair of leather boots on though.:colgate:

Just need taller boots?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads