• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Ahhh I think you cracked it! Thanks!

Anyone had any experience with Trickers nubuck? I only have two pairs of Trickers, one is smooth calf, the other is kudu.

I have a pair of Stows on dainite. I like the looks of those Bourtons on commando. It's pretty much maintenance free. If you like the look, go for it.
ruhcsr2iix8ag22wg6ukrqkjd01_k0dlyusxdym7zpupx92ib-jpg.1037856

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great post Munky.

My left foot is a tad smaller than the right one and definitely has a slimmer heel ball, maybe is because I am right handed and my left side is weaker.

What I have learned during this quarantine time is that if I use my harder (or smaller) shoes with thick socks inside my house (view it as a controlled enviroment) the sweat and the pressure softens the shoes. My wife finds hilarious my looks (highly shinned oxfords with track suits or heavy boots for walking 20 meters). I called it "controlled enviroment" because I can take the shoes off any moment.

Well, I believe that is what people call "breaking in" the shoes.

Cheers
Naster Mc chukka x Kafka..
View attachment 1400493

Those look fabulous! Regard, M

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Unusual but I like them. Do you know if that’s the same sole as the clutch cafe Daniel?
Vibram 2060 according to Kafka, says Morflex on the Daniel. I’m not up on the old rubber compounds so looks to be different.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I think the sole on those Clutch Cafe Daniels is the beige version of the Cristy sole you usually see in white especially on Monkey boots lately. They have the zigzaggy markings on the sole. The Crafty Kafka chukkas have straight lines on the soles.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Tricker's for Paul Smith on sale.
They have marron Stow and acorn Bourtons. Standard colors but with extra punches.

Edit: Seems to be limited to US though.

Last edited:

alantrickman

Reaction score
I have a pair of Stows on dainite. I like the looks of those Bourtons on commando. It's pretty much maintenance free. If you like the look, go for it.
ruhcsr2iix8ag22wg6ukrqkjd01_k0dlyusxdym7zpupx92ib-jpg.1037856

Gorgeous!

They have marron Stow and acorn Bourtons. Standard colors but with extra punches.

I really like the Paul Smith pull tab on the Stow, but I (probably) don't need another brown boot with a leather sole right now. Maybe if they somehow get marked down more haha. Those acorn bourton are so tempting though. I was eyeing the acorn bourton that was on End for a little less for a while, but it eventually sold out. The color really has grown on me recently. Really like the extra brogue detailing on the PS pair.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
BTW, those PS Stows might be on 4444.

Phoenician

Reaction score
Been thinking about the Abingdon since I "discovered" it recently. Seeing a coupon code in my inbox this morning from a UK retailer making them only 165 quid just sealed the deal. Love the split-toe design on these, and hopefully the brown museum example I get, will be as handsome as this one in its mottled nature. Haven't tried this last before, so fingers crossed they fit properly upon arrival

Attachments

• trickers-abingdon-dark-brown-museum-calf-leather-p20954-722977_image.jpg
    trickers-abingdon-dark-brown-museum-calf-leather-p20954-722977_image.jpg
    306.9 KB · Views: 46
  • trickers-abingdon-dark-brown-museum-calf-leather-p20954-722989_image.jpg
    trickers-abingdon-dark-brown-museum-calf-leather-p20954-722989_image.jpg
    301.9 KB · Views: 45
  • trickers-abingdon-dark-brown-museum-calf-leather-p20954-722993_image.jpg
    trickers-abingdon-dark-brown-museum-calf-leather-p20954-722993_image.jpg
    308 KB · Views: 54

princealbert

Reaction score

Probably just as well they are not on sale in the U.K. as I like the idea of that boot with the extra Paul Smith details but I really can’t justify another marron Stow. Out of interest what is the price in the US?

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Probably just as well they are not on sale in the U.K. as I like the idea of that boot with the extra Paul Smith details but I really can’t justify another marron Stow. Out of interest what is the price in the US?
380 dollars... I checked via a web browser hiding tool.. (can’t remember name...?). Too similar to me to the original and I’ve a Marron Stow.

princealbert

Reaction score
380 dollars... I checked via a web browser hiding tool.. (can’t remember name...?). Too similar to me to the original and I’ve a Marron Stow.

Thanks Crafty. They interest me as they are on the 4444 last. The only other boot I have on that last is a Henry which fits brilliantly well. Weirdly though I often struggle to get a good fit with shoes on the 4444.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Actually all you have to do is change the shipping country in the drop down on the PS site. I told my buddy in Canada about the sale but apparently Canada is part of the UK as far as PS is concerned so no sale for him. The acorn Bourtons were $350. They also collect US state sales tax but free ship.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Strange considering PS is British company. I love Marron as well!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads